Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Front end link bushing replacement?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jan 2008, 08:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

Question Front end link bushing replacement?

Ok, this is probably going to sound stupid, but is there supposed to be a nut holding the end link bushings on or just a washer? If just a washer, is it threaded? My car is an 06 non turbo. I have never seen an end link set up without a nut holding on the bushing at the top.
Thank you for any help
Old 26 Jan 2008, 09:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Front end link bushing replacement?

I'm not exactly sure which part your talking about but maybe this picture will help.

Old 26 Jan 2008, 10:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

Its just to the left of that picture. The swaybar end link where it bolts to the control arm.
Old 26 Jan 2008, 10:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry, can't get under there right now. PT is lowered so can't squeeze under there and in the garage where I can't jack it up because of the tiles on the floor. I'm off to a car show all day tomorrow so hopefully someone will come along with an answer to your question.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 02:33 am
Cool Cruiser

YES, there is suposed to be a nut on the end of the end link bolt. i believe the nut might be integral with the upper bushing washer.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 04:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

Update:
I pulled it apart today and it turns out that the upper washer is threaded and has flat spots where it can be held with pliers while turning the bolt head. The washer also has a tube attached to it that the upper bushing slides onto.

Last edited by Samson; 28 Jan 2008 at 06:46 am.
Old 28 Jan 2008, 12:28 am
Cool Cruiser

interesting. thanks for the info.
Old 04 Feb 2008, 07:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

How interesting. Mine is an '06 and I've had quite the problem with the sway bar staying attached to the car!!! It's the very end part of the sway bar where it attaches to the control arm.

The initial problem started because I had a squeeking noise while I turned, they told me the lower control arm bushing needed replaced (in order to do that they have to take the swaybar off). They fixed the passenger side and all was fine until a short time later when the driver side started squeeking. Same thing, lower control arm bushing and they replaced that.

Then about 3 weeks later we started hearing a clunking noise, it ended up being the sway bar bolt had broken and the driver side was just hanging down so everytime we turn in one direction or went over a big pot whole or bump we heard that clunking noise, well that was because it was hitting something under there.

WELL GUESS WHAT....... yes you guessed it, the driver side is hanging down AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! What is up with this sway bar that it can't hold on?????? This morning I'm going to be making yet another call to the dealership.....
Old 14 Feb 2008, 03:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Wow,
I have had the exact same problems with my 01 PT..
The squeeks ( that stopped ) and the clunk clunk over the huge potholes here in Montreal.

I just got it back from the dealer who changed the front sway bar today so fingers crossed.
Total cost: $140....
I am getting tired of these constant noises!!!
Old 11 Apr 2008, 08:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

Angry Re: Front end link bushing replacement?

and guess what ..the noise is back..