Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
pothole messed up steering

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Feb 2008, 10:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy pothole messed up steering

I hit a pothole doing about 40 on my way to work, and after that the car doesn't feel right. I used to be able to hold the steering wheel straight and the car would go straight, now the steering wheel seems to wobble randomly from side to side when going in a straight line, and I noticed a bit of vibration in the front. I searched the forums and it seems like the problem should be the tire, the rim, alignment, swaybar or bushings. Is there anything else it could be?

thx
Old 23 Feb 2008, 11:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: pothole messed up steering

bent rim or you knocked the balancing weights off.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 01:49 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Cathy06PT

I got am 06 pt Convert and had to Have them check both front Axels, I had done the same thing and found out I needed both replaced at 22,000 miles....I also recently had both wheel bearings replaced (replaced at 37400 )...Have them check both things....ASAP! it's not good to drive on it like that if it is anything I listed.

Old 24 Feb 2008, 10:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

i agree with cartman