Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Gold-Line Springs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2008, 04:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Gold-Line Springs?

Does anyone drive daily with the 'Gold-Line' GL0301 super low (front:2 3/4, rear:3 1/4) springs? Is this maybe to low? Love the look! Almost looks like the copper color PT on the upper left of the screen might have these.
Old 06 Mar 2008, 01:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Gold-Line Springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowufo View Post
Does anyone drive daily with the 'Gold-Line' GL0301 super low (front:2 3/4, rear:3 1/4) springs? Is this maybe to low? Love the look! Almost looks like the copper color PT on the upper left of the screen might have these.
I had the "slammers" on my 2001 Limited. I used Tokico shocks at the same time, and as long as you keep away from potholes, and rough roads, you will be fine. Obviously it's stiffer, so you will "feel" the road more. But the handling overall is night and day.

I am looking for a source for them for my 2006 GT Convertible. Have you seen any sellers that have them in stock at a decent price lately? I'll get you before and after pictures of my 2001 if you'd like. Unfortunately I am about to leave for another business trip, so I might not be able to get pictures until next week.

Overall, if you don't mind avoiding rough roads, and steep driveways, these are the springs for you. I didn't install the springs with stock shocks and struts, but I would strongly recommend going with after market shocks and struts with the springs.

Hope this helps,
Matt

Past Mopars:
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible GT
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible
2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition
1993 Plymouth Sundance/Duster 3.0 litre
Old 06 Mar 2008, 06:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hi Matt,
Thanks very much for the info. You can get these anywhere they sell 'Gold-Line'. I did the other drop from 'Gold-line', went to their web page, got the #s and went shopping. Where did you get you slammers? I would love any pics when you can.
Old 12 Mar 2008, 08:51 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowufo View Post
Hi Matt,
Thanks very much for the info. You can get these anywhere they sell 'Gold-Line'. I did the other drop from 'Gold-line', went to their web page, got the #s and went shopping. Where did you get you slammers? I would love any pics when you can.
I would have to dig up the receipt where I bought my Gold-Lines for the other car. I know I paid about $200 shipped for them, so it was a pretty decent deal. I have a file of the receipts from that car back at home, so hopefully I'll be able to dig that up tonight.

I want to say I bought my shocks and struts from AJ-USA, but it doesn't look like they sell Tokico's for the PT Cruiser anymore, or at least they are not on the website. Just as an FYI - I never used an alignment kit after I lowered my 2001, but I did buy one, I am not sure if it was actually needed or not, it still drove straight, but I am sure the camber was off.

Thanks,
Matt

Past Mopars:
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible GT
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible
2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition
1993 Plymouth Sundance/Duster 3.0 litre