PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hankook Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Mar 2008, 11:35 pm
Young Cruiser

Post Hankook Tires

Got me sum new shoes.
After some Shopping around...found some tires that would fit my budget.

After asking around and web surfing finally settled on a 4 set of Hankook Ventus HR II H405

At Pepboys they are around 78 bucks each (on sale I think) and I get a check in the mail for the fourth (which btw they are taking thier sweet time in getting it to me)

Have a few friends who are Mustang drivers and one of them got a set . he said it performs as good as tires that he has previously owned and they cost three times as less

after reading online reviews it seems to be the consensus on these tires.

Here is a review (click customer reviews)

Hankook Ventus HRII H405 Tires - Tire Size & Price Details - 1010tires.com

Customer Tire Reviews - Discount Tire Co.

I think they are a nicer looking performance tire then the plain jane thread of a Futura tire I almost bought...and the price was right. I tried hard breaking in the rain (when no one was on the road with me of course) and I could not get them to hydroplane...they have a nice grip on wet roads. they have a quiet ride on the highway. the only think negative I would say is that it has less give when you hit a bump cuz it is a lower profile tire. but honeslty i think they are a HUGE improvement over my stock GoodYears my Limited had.
Old 03 May 2009, 10:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to digitalpinscruiser Send a message via Yahoo to digitalpinscruiser
Default Re: Hankook Tires

I am thinking about getting these because after the rain storm I had driven through today here in NY on the stock goodyear tires that came with my PT was not a pleasant experience. I was driving on the L.I.E (Long Island Expressway) here in NY and the roads were covered with water and rain that would not let up my cruiser did not feel right. I was only doing 35-40 and I could feel my cruiser drifting a bit when I hit alot of water. Then when I got off the highway I hit the exit ramp and I felt my PT hydro for a second or two luckily I was not going fast at all and it stopped. Then at stop lights I hit gas and the tires are fighting to get traction and I was not even hitting the pedal hard.

After today the stock tires suck in the rain.....I have to get new tires dont want to drive and worry again. So thanks for the link captcueball I read those reviews and these seem pretty good. So these maybe the ones I am getting, I am still reading some reviews on others but these are in the lead so far.
Old 04 May 2009, 11:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: Hankook Tires

I think that you can tell by looking at the tread (or lack of many deep treads) that that Hankook will not be really good when water is standing on the roadway!
(Looks similar to by Kumho Ecsta XPTs - wet road = OK - but, rain covered is a different story)

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 05 May 2009, 10:23 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to digitalpinscruiser Send a message via Yahoo to digitalpinscruiser
Default Re: Hankook Tires

Thanks soonercruiser I am still looking I found some others that look really good as well.