Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
QUESTION: FRONT END NOISE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jun 2008, 10:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default QUESTION: FRONT END NOISE

I have a lot of front end noise when going over bumps. Anybody know what it is ? Bushings ? Control arms ? Ball joints ?
Any websites I can findout more ?. . . and findout what I need to do ?
Torontopt2
E: brm45@sympatico.ca
Old 03 Jun 2008, 11:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: QUESTION: FRONT END NOISE

without actually hearing the noise, no one can tell you exactly what it is. my guess would be worn out stabilizer bar bushings, worn out control arm bushings, worn out spring isolators, or something that has come loose. get the car up on ramps and check all bolts for tightness, and then inspect all visible bushings for wear (cracks, bulgeing, etc.). also check that the battery is secured, and that all underhood accesories are secured.

what year cruiser and how many miles?
Old 04 Jun 2008, 09:01 am
Cool Cruiser

Cartman is right on the issue, this comes with a PT Cruiser, I need to replace bushings on my 02 this summer.
02' Black Woodie Limited Edition Drop in K&N Air Filter w/air box mod. 06 tail lights, Limo tint all around, orange LED interior, Mopar 8 inch sub, Stull side pipes. Silver stars upfront, a little chrome
Old 05 Jun 2008, 12:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to AlexJB

I got replacement sway bar bushings for $25 from flea-bay, it made a hell of a difference to my clunking from the front, an easy job too, only took 40 mins to change em.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 01:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Just a heads up on this issue!
I had a tie rod blow out last week, so I replaced the two outside tie rods with new TRW parts. I when I hit the bumps to and from work I do not get the old front end noise. So I would say take a close look at the tie rod ends!
02' Black Woodie Limited Edition Drop in K&N Air Filter w/air box mod. 06 tail lights, Limo tint all around, orange LED interior, Mopar 8 inch sub, Stull side pipes. Silver stars upfront, a little chrome
Old 25 Jun 2008, 10:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

I was just going to post to check the outer tie rods. They make a heck of a racket once they get 'loose'. Just grab it by hand and if you can rotate it back and forth with NO resistance consider replacement , if there is ANY 'up and down' movement replace immediately!
K&N Drop in.
InDash Pioneer DVD Stereo

Our Photography