Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Drop it like it's HOT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jan 2009, 03:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cool Drop it like it's HOT

Post a picture of your Cruiser and state the Drop Level(Front & Rear) and Wheel Sizes also. I'm interested in seeing your customized Cruisers, and I need some ideas for what I can do with mine. Thank you all in advance!
Old 29 Jan 2009, 05:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Drop it like it's HOT

Wheels are right off a GT: 17x6, Eibach Pro kit 1.6 front, 2.0 rear.

MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 10:03 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman

Hey 808,

Here's mine. 2003 PT Dream Cruiser on the stock 17" GT Wheels with Orange Center Caps. I have a Custom 3"/5" Drop on a one off set of coils a friend of mine made for me;.

Here are a couple of pic's from before, and after to give you a good idea of how far down it went.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 30 Jan 2009, 12:19 am
Senior Cruiser

Wow, Crewzin, your PT looks a lot different from your signature picture. Those Eibachs look pretty good on filling those wells. I might actually go with those.
Candyman, I have yet to see your Cruiser "dirty." Lol. The drop looks pretty sick..I remember you made a post not too long ago that You wanted to tuck the rear wheels in. Are You still gonna go for it??
Old 30 Jan 2009, 02:02 am
Cool Cruiser

This is my Pt currently at stock height... Im satisfied with the stock height although I was worried before putting my custom wheels on that it would be huge wheel well gaps especially in the rear but the gaps turned out shorter than with my factory 16s on. I know if I lowered it anymore the ride would be bad because it rides rough now but looks so sweet so I cant complain...

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s
Old 30 Jan 2009, 02:53 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Talking Re: Drop it like it's HOT

Hey 808,

Why that is the best compliment a Detailer can hear....LOL. Honestly I swear I am threatening to go take it down a dirt road at 60 MPH, or try photo shopping some dirt or something!

I still really really want to set mine up on 19"s, and 20"s, but am having a hard time finding the right combo for the job. So far I have been researching for three months, and hit the majority of the big wheel shops here around LA, and haven't found much yet. Mostly 18" / 20" combo's which are cool, but just not what I'm looking for. That leaves me with looking into having them custom made out of Billet Aluminum, probably by KMC which has a MFG Facility up next to a place I used to drive a local Steel Truck out of. The cool factor for custom wheels is way up, but the cost is almost double which ain't going to happen for me this time unless one of my Sponsor Inquiries pans out.

So, I am most likely going with Plan B. Part of my plan called for Hyper Black Wheels to match up with my Black Flames. Interesting enough, the Hyper Black (AKA Black Chrome) is actually a type of transparent Powder Coating effect, and as a comprise, I am giving some serious thought on having my stock GT 17"s sandblasted, and resurfaced in Black Chrome, along with my door handles, emblems, and door spears to match. Either way I now have four big Shows that I am booked for up through May so I am going to put off any more big mods till everything winds back down for the year, which trust me, is never easy for me to do! So for now I am working on some other of my never ending projects! Never a dull moment around the Candy Shop!

Go easy, and let us PT Nuts know how you make out!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Last edited by Candyman; 30 Jan 2009 at 03:01 am.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 06:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Hey 808,

Why that is the best compliment a Detailer can hear....LOL. Honestly I swear I am threatening to go take it down a dirt road at 60 MPH, or try photo shopping some dirt or something!

I still really really want to set mine up on 19"s, and 20"s, but am having a hard time finding the right combo for the job. So far I have been researching for three months, and hit the majority of the big wheel shops here around LA, and haven't found much yet. Mostly 18" / 20" combo's which are cool, but just not what I'm looking for. That leaves me with looking into having them custom made out of Billet Aluminum, probably by KMC which has a MFG Facility up next to a place I used to drive a local Steel Truck out of. The cool factor for custom wheels is way up, but the cost is almost double which ain't going to happen for me this time unless one of my Sponsor Inquiries pans out.

So, I am most likely going with Plan B. Part of my plan called for Hyper Black Wheels to match up with my Black Flames. Interesting enough, the Hyper Black (AKA Black Chrome) is actually a type of transparent Powder Coating effect, and as a comprise, I am giving some serious thought on having my stock GT 17"s sandblasted, and resurfaced in Black Chrome, along with my door handles, emblems, and door spears to match. Either way I now have four big Shows that I am booked for up through May so I am going to put off any more big mods till everything winds back down for the year, which trust me, is never easy for me to do! So for now I am working on some other of my never ending projects! Never a dull moment around the Candy Shop!

Go easy, and let us PT Nuts know how you make out!

Candyman
As cool as your original idea would look, I would actually love to see your Plan B put to life. You'd be the first(as far as I know) to have all Hyper Black. And you're definitely right that it'll match your flames.

Lol, and I think you wouldn't enjoy living in Kaua`i where we got the volcanic red dirt. Man let me tell you, when it rains...it SUCKS! Lol. I would guess you'd be washing your Cruiser every other day.

And one more thing, you got any photos of some PTs with the GoldLine Super Slammers? I found those to be less expensive than Eibachs but I'm not sure if the GoldLines are too much of a drop for me. Thanks Candyman.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 08:50 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Smile Re: Drop it like it's HOT

Hey their 808,

Here are a couple of mine on the Super Slammers before I did the custom springs. The whole reason I bought the Slammers was I thought they were going to level the PT, but as you can see, the back still sits 2 1/4 inches too high! Thats when I went and had to do it myself to get it right.

Honestly, if I am ever able to do it, I would really like to get mine to sit like this, and most likely have the Body Kit as well.

I actually really want to make it over to the Island's one of these days, as that is the only State I never got to visit while driving a Truck, and am going to use it as an excuse to take my Wife for a second Honeymoon!

Anyways, that should give you an idea on the Super Slammers.

If you got anymore question, please fire away! Otherwise, go easy, and I will catch you later!

Candyman

Old 01 Feb 2009, 04:31 am
Senior Cruiser

You should definitely take a visit here! Of course I should warn you stuff ain't too cheap here. High cost to live in "Paradise."
That's interesting that the Super Slammers doesn't level it. Do the Eibachs do?**
And it looks like StoneWhitePT2 doesn't even have the room for ANY drop! But he's right on not to complain
Old 01 Feb 2009, 07:43 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Smile Re: Drop it like it's HOT

Hey 808,

I hear ya on the high cost of living in paradise! I have lived here in So Cal all of my life, so I kinda knew we were paying for the nice weather as well, but never knew by how much till I drove a Truck Long Haul, and saw how much higher we really are! I mean, what we pay for a 1300 SQFT 2 bd/1 1/2 bath house, you could buy a 5000 SQFT Log Home on like 10 acres, overlooking a lake in other parts of the Country! But, after driving through 7 really cold winters, I find that having the ability to say 60 degrees outside is freezing is actually pretty nice as opposed to -10, in a blizzard, 10 feet deep in snow! So, here in good old So-Cal I stay! LOL Luckily, I have some Couzin's of mine who live on the Big Island that we can crash with, so it hopefully won' be too bad!

Anyways, As far as I know, nobody makes a kit that will get the PT level except bags, or going custom like I did. I think the Super Slammers are still the lowest you can buy, and I just hated still having that wheel gap, and slight rake to it which led me to go back to the drawing board, and make my own set up!

As for wheels, you can actually go as big as 19"s, and not change the overall stock wheel diameter, so I can go 1" bigger than StonWhite's on the front of mine, and have plenty of room up in the back fender to accommodate 20"s as well, which would give me that cool tucked look I want, but for some reason their is almost nothing that comes in both 19", and 20" wheels that are the right width, and offset. Their are a couple of 18" / 20" Combos out their, but that 2" difference means a whole lot of offset in tires to keep everything level, and I am afraid it just won't work for what I'm trying to accomplish. The only way I can figure to pull that off would be, instead of trying to fit a smaller tire in back to keep it level, to get the same tire height as the front, and re-cut new springs in the back to pick up that extra inch, which feels like a whole lot of work to not gain all that much. The other big problem I am running into which kills me is, when you get into that 19" / 20" area, most wheel patterns tend to have little to no lip, as where I like to have at least a couple of inches for that cool deep dish look! Which brings me right back to my good old stock 17"s once again! LOL

I have a friend of a friend that does Powder Coating not too far from me, so I am really rhinking tha might be the best direction to go for now, and as always, it would be nice to have something totally unique that not everyone has!

Go easy, an I'll catch ya later!

Candyman