PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

What wheels will fit an 01 PT?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Aug 2009, 09:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default What wheels will fit an 01 PT?

I have an 2001 Cruiser and the chrome wheels are pitted with the chrome peeling off real bad. They will hardly hold air. What other wheels will fit the Cruiser? I have 16 in onit and would like to stay with that size. I wouldn't even mind going with steel wheels and caps.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 09:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: What wheels will fit an 01 PT?

If you go to eBay and type in "PT Cruiser Wheels" there's a couple hundred to choose form in all different sizes. They list Audi, VW, Golf, Jetta and Neon that I saw just taking a fast look.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 21 Aug 2009, 09:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah but couldn't find steel wheels. We're getting rid of it shortly and don't wanta put a pile into it in wheels and tires. I thought if I could find out what other steel wheels had the same offset and rim size I could go that route. Cheaper........
Old 21 Aug 2009, 11:46 am
Regular Cruiser

You would have to look for a Neon or PT. The other vehicle stock wheels could most likely have a different hub size.

For example, if you find VW Jetta steel wheels with the 5x100 lug, the bore sixe is bigger then the PT's. In theory, they will fit, just not perfectly. Also look out for Subaru, Dodge Avenger (I think) and.....

And since you are getting rid of the car....find anything that fits.

2005 Touring Black - Automagic....California Smog Legal

H&R Cup Kit | TSW Sakata 18x8 35ET | Nankang NS-II 235/40/18 | SPC front alignment cam - rear shim | Master Pro Rotors | Master Pro Ceramic F/R pads | Rebuilt Cylinder Head - Safety Valves and Guides | Felpro Head Gasket and upper rebuild kit | Fail-safe 195 degree thermostat | Mopar Waterpump...lol | 3rd radiator fan motor | Gates timing belt kit | WIX filters (oil, transmission) | Mobile 1 5w30 | Mopar ATF4 | Redline Water Wetter | K&N Drop-In | 4th Drive side Axle | Energy Suspension Torque Mounts | 3rd set of Torque Mounts...
Old 21 Aug 2009, 12:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Just about anything FWD Chrysler from the early 90's forward will work. Just make sure they're 5 lug and 15" obviously. The offset might be a little different but they'll work.
2002 PT Cruiser
N/A 2.4L/5-speed
Modifications: Boogers, Maddog 80% STS, Auto throttle body, Airbox modifications, Eibach Pro springs, Energy Suspension control arm bushings & motor mount inserts, disabled balance shafts.
1989 Caprice Wagon
307/auto
Modifications: Lowered 2" front and rear, flat black paint, emblems and trim removed and filled, pinstriping, big 'n little tires.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 02:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Do the Neons have 16 inch wheels?
Old 21 Aug 2009, 03:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

Oops. Missed that part about 16" wheels.

There are some Neons out there that have a 16" wheel (second generation: '00-'05).
2002 PT Cruiser
N/A 2.4L/5-speed
Modifications: Boogers, Maddog 80% STS, Auto throttle body, Airbox modifications, Eibach Pro springs, Energy Suspension control arm bushings & motor mount inserts, disabled balance shafts.
1989 Caprice Wagon
307/auto
Modifications: Lowered 2" front and rear, flat black paint, emblems and trim removed and filled, pinstriping, big 'n little tires.