Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 PT with thud/ vibrating from wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Dec 2009, 11:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 PT with thud/ vibrating from wheels

My 2005 Base model non turbo sedan has a weird rapid thudding feeling when I drive it above 45 mph. I think it may be from the front passenger wheel area. Has anyone encountered this before? Is this a novice DIY kind of a fix? Any help would be welcomed. Thanks.
Old 08 Dec 2009, 07:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 PT with thud/ vibrating from wheels

Welcome.
First hunch would be a tire. Swap tire F/R and see if it does anything.
Next would be the universals in the driveshaft. Drive car on ramps and see if the rubber boots are torn...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 08 Dec 2009, 09:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the advice I'll have to check that out when the rain quits here.
Old 02 Jan 2010, 12:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

I took it in for tires earlier this week and the mechanic said it was both front hub bearings, and a bad bushing in the control arm. It cost over $500 including labor and balencing but it drives good as new now. Thanks for the input. Happy New Year.
Old 02 Jan 2010, 01:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzle17 View Post
I took it in for tires earlier this week and the mechanic said it was both front hub bearings, and a bad bushing in the control arm. It cost over $500 including labor and balencing but it drives good as new now. Thanks for the input. Happy New Year.
Good on ya! And good on the repair shop. Based on the prices I see kicked around here, that was a pretty good deal for you.

How was the corn crop this year? All my farm cousins in the Bellefontaine area tell me that the Urbana area soils make corn growing a dream.
Old 03 Jan 2010, 11:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

It was around $530 plus alignment.

I don't know how the yields were but the fields always looked good when I whent for a drive.
Old 04 Jan 2010, 07:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

I always remember riding up from Springfield with my mother driving a Nash, me in the back seat, on the way to West Liberty or Bellefontaine. We'd sometimes stop for ice cream in Urbana. It was not the cushy drive then that it is now. In my mind I can still smell the corn growing.