PT Cruiser Forum

Spare Tire

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jan 2010, 08:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Spare Tire

My mom has a 2005 PT Cruiser that she bought new. She lives in Oregon and I live in Washington. She just called me saying she is at work and has a flat tire. She's not sure if she has a spare. She is the only one in her store so she cant go and check. I told her where it would be located and that she most likely does have a spare, I beleive all vehicles come standard with a spare. Is this true. Do all vehicles come with a spare. She said her book talks about the location of the spare "If equipped". I've never known a car not to have a spare, but further research does say some vehicles with "runflat" tires or Pressure Monitoring Sustems don't come equipped with spares. Can anyone help me on this?
Old 23 Jan 2010, 08:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Spare Tire

BTW, she has the Touring Edition if that makes any difference.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 09:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

It's underneath in the rear.
On right side in the rear trunk area is a removeable panel - open it and there's the jack and tire wrench.
near the bumper area just to right of center is a small plastic flap - pull it up and there's a bolt. Put the tire wrench on the bolt and turn - it lowers the spare tire - it's in a "basket" underneath.

If it's a front tire, I suggest taking the good rear tire on that side off and putting spare on, then taking the rear tire and putting it on front - more work, but safer....

BTW - not all cars have spares - some BMWs and Porsches give you either an air pump or run-flat tires or a can of flat fixer.
'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 Jan 2010, 09:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks QuickSilverdon, we did determine the location of the spare tire, we just are not sure if all PT Cruisers are equipped with a spare tire. She is at work and the only one in the store so she can't go out and look under her car to see if her car has a spare. She is trying to get a plan going so that it will be taken care of by the time she is off work. Do you know if Chrysler equips the PT Cruiser standard with the spare?
Old 23 Jan 2010, 10:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yes. All came with a spare.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 06:49 am
Obsessed Cruiser

awoodsbuff likes this.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com