PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Corroding PT Crusier rims

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2010, 07:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Corroding PT Crusier rims

Greetings Everyone,
I have a 2001 PT Limited Edition Cruiser, on which the rims have started to corrode badly and the tires no longer hold pressure. My local garage guy says to get new rims, but I neglected to ask the size I should get. i know the tire size is P205-55R16, and the rims are 5 bolt size. I think R16 maybe means rim size (?). Is there a rim width I should be aware of as well? Notice by the question, that I am mechanically illiterate (smile). I want to get steel rims but am not quite sure what the size should be, so if anyone can give me some advise I'd truly appreciate the info.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 08:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Corroding PT Crusier rims

Welcome to the forums.
Before you go to new rims - many have had luck having the tires taken off, and the bead area sanded - and the valve hole - and coated with sealant.
If you do want to go new rims, TireRack and DiscountTireDirect have good prices and you enter year, make & model and it show you rims that fit.
If you also need tires, TireRack will mount and balance the tires and they arrive ready to mount.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 Feb 2010, 07:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Corroding PT Crusier rims

Thank you, Quicksilverdon, but I have already tried that fix - twice. So new rims it's going to have to be.