Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Eibach Lowering Springs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2010, 07:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Eibach Lowering Springs

There is a set of Eibach Lowering Springs for sale in the local Buy and Sell paper for $80. The ad says they are used, so apart from finding out what kind of mileage is on them (or does it matter) is this worthwhile or not??? What should I look for. My car (07 Standard model) is still stock with the factory tires and rims.

Eibach Lowering Springs--PRICE REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE Transcona / North Kildonan, Winnipeg
Old 17 Mar 2010, 07:51 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Eibach Lowering Springs

Hey their PiperGeorge,

Hope ya got a chance to break out your pipes today for St paddys day!

Hey, that sounds like a pretty good deal overall. Generally as long as the Springs were not altered, they usually don't wear out as a whole. The only thing that will happen usually is when you first buy new springs, and install them on your ride, after a few months the Springs will tend to settle a bit making them slightly lower than when first installed.

Other than that, you should be good to go, and you know how much of a fan I am when it comes to dropping PT's!

Go easy, and if ya get them, and need any advice or anything, you know where to find me, and remember.....I luv Pic's!!!

Catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 18 Mar 2010, 03:11 am
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Eibach Lowering Springs

Hell yeah, that's a good deal! Did you scope out the retail on those? They're $250+ on the good sites. I agree though, hopefully the mileage ain't too high!

So I say, "Go for it!"
Old 18 Mar 2010, 02:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Eibach Lowering Springs

Thanks for the replies guys. I sent an email asking about them, they're still available and open to offers. Maybe even get them cheaper than $80.

I've seen the retail price of them and this is a hell of a deal.

Is this a do it yourself job or should I take it to a shop. Do I need an alignment after?

I guess I'll see what else is on the forums about it
Old 18 Mar 2010, 02:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

With the right equipment, this is a DIY job but mainly speaking for the rears. I've read on this forum that an alignment isn't necessarily needed (differs for everyone) as it is a mild drop, but the mechanic I go to won't let me touch the fronts until I get the alignment kit for it. So right now, I'm waiting for the kit to come in from Auto Truck Toys (Maggie was sold out). I've got just the rears on at the moment.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 02:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

I would definitely buy those. If i ever see a ad like that where i leave i would buy those the day i Shaw them...
Old 18 Mar 2010, 06:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Just waiting for a response from email about where and when to see them. Also just found out the person selling them is the niece of Brian Wellard (AlmondLush) who was a member here many years ago. Maybe some of you long time members may have known him. The niece got the car after his sudden death and she just sold it last summer. She is clearing out some of the left over stuff.

I actually saw the car last summer and it still looks in great shape. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/584887

Old 19 Mar 2010, 06:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 View Post
With the right equipment, this is a DIY job but mainly speaking for the rears. I've read on this forum that an alignment isn't necessarily needed (differs for everyone) as it is a mild drop, but the mechanic I go to won't let me touch the fronts until I get the alignment kit for it. So right now, I'm waiting for the kit to come in from Auto Truck Toys (Maggie was sold out). I've got just the rears on at the moment.
What's the alignment kit do? It looks like a long bolt
Old 20 Mar 2010, 12:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Got them.

Just wish it was warm enough to put them on. I think I can do the rear myself, but I think I will get a pro to do the front.

Old 31 Mar 2010, 01:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Rears are easy, just jack the car up and let the suspension hang, and they'll literally fall right out. Make sure you clock the springs correctly or else you might wind up with issues.

Fronts aren't too bad, but you need a spring compressor and an extra set of hands.. you can rent one from most chain auto parts stores, but I'm not sure of any in Canada that do that sort of thing.

You probably won't need an alignment afterwards, as it's a relatively mild drop, but it couldn't hurt to install the alignment kit while you've got everything apart. It's cheap enough anyway, and if you do wind up needing an alignment, and the car can't be adjusted within spec, you don't have to worry about purchasing the kit through the shop, and also paying for the labor to 'install' it.