Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
drop zone struts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Apr 2010, 12:23 am
Young Cruiser

Default drop zone struts

Has anyone used the Drop Zone struts? I need new struts and shocks for my stock 02 base model. Mad racing concepts has a set of four listed for 189 + shipping. Sounds like a decent deal. I just want to know if they are any good or should I look at some other brand.

I mainly use my PT as a daily driver, commuter 100 mile round trip. I am also thinking about lowering the rear end 2 inches to level the car out and get rid of the rake.
Old 08 Apr 2010, 06:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: drop zone struts

Drop Zone are good products but if your is a daily driver and you like the ride characteristics, you will most definitely feel a harsher, bumpier ride. Don't forget to add to the price, installation of the springs over the front struts, putting on the rears and most probably a wheel alignment after the new parts are on.

I may be wrong but I don't think anyone is selling just the rear springs anymore to just lower the rear. All the lowering springs (including Drop Zone) usually have a larger drop in the rear than front so you might get the level look after putting on the new parts. I used the Eibach Lowering Spring Kit and it leveled out mine.
Old 09 Apr 2010, 02:16 am
Young Cruiser

I found a set of drop zone springs for sale used for a good price and was thinking about just using the rears. Do you think a 2 inch drop in the rear would level the car out?

As far as the ride it cant be much worse than right now with a blown out strut. I figured since I was replacing the struts anyway I might as well upgrade to something better than factory.
Old 09 Apr 2010, 06:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Measure the lip on the fender to the ground on both the front and rear and see what a 2 inch drop on the rear would do. Rear springs are pretty easy to swap if you have any kind of mechanical ability but you still have to replace the front struts (if they are blown) and it means taking the front end struts/springs off and most probably an alignment (as I said earlier).