PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Watts-Link or Bellcrank Replacement

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Apr 2011, 01:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Watts-Link or Bellcrank Replacement

Same problem here. Ive been looking for the right replacement for the bell crank. I have a 2001 limited.

I found the mevotech part at rockauto.com # MS25134 is this the right one? Just wondering cause under the fitment it says for the limited its 2006-08.

I also will prob replace the rear watts links and bushings anyone know the part # for those?

And finally I would like to use polyurethane bushings from energy suspension. I think I found the watts bushings Energy Suspension 5.8106 Rear Watts Link Bushings

But I cannot seem to find the Bell crank bushings....or even how this can be done?

Any help would be awesome!! Thanks Guys!!!
Old 13 Apr 2011, 01:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmer1991 View Post
i am looking at replacing this bushing now for the fourth time. ,,,,,,,,,,
Hi dsmer;

Are you saying you've been using the Energy Suspension Bushing and it's failing every six months?

Or are you using the RockAuto Bellcrank from Mevotech or Dorman??

Anyone else having repetitive failures and if so, what specifically is failing? I was hoping to install the Poly bushing into the Bellcrank and be done with it for awhile. My OEM Bellcrank has lasted 150k miles.

Thanks !!

EDIT: Looking again at the www links, maybe I'm confused? Is there a new bushing for the Bellcrank? or only new Bellcranks?
EDIT: Dorman has a cute video on their Bellcrank, Z-link, Watts link here: http://www.dormanguide.com/watts-link-bell-crank.html

EDIT: More Lateral Link News.

Rockauto 'seems' to only carry the Lower Lateral Link now.. awhile back they had both upper & lower listed but they took off the upper. Anyway, I jotted down the Mevotech PN's way back then, the lower was (and still is) MS25132 and back in the day the upper was MS25133. So I called Rockauto support, they say the upper is not listed 'cause they no longer carry that one. Then I check Mevotech's website and they only list the MS25132 but they say 'required x2' .. I swear I read somewhere the upper and lower are different lengths, slightly. I had someone compare the MS25133.. they say it's about six inches shorter.. woah.

WELL I MEASURED WHEN EVA CAME HOME..
THE UPPER (center to center, passenger side) IS 342mm which is the same as Mevotech MS25133 at $37.79
THE LOWER (center to center, driver side) IS 537mm which is the same as Mevotech MS25132 at $37.79 - combined shipping $9.53

So, even though Rockauto is no longer listing MS25133 under the PT Cruiser parts catalog, THEY STILL SELL IT when you put that PN in your shopping cart. I'm going to send them a nastygram after I finish installing this stuff.

Last edited by StevenAndEva; 08 May 2011 at 12:29 pm. Reason: New Lateral Link Info for RockAuto
Old 13 Apr 2011, 09:21 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I've never seen bellcrank bushings.. I don't see a way to change them either . Just buy a new bellcrank and change it
Old 23 Apr 2011, 08:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi folks - New to forum. Need help on sway bars. I have a new bell crank but can't get tie-rod ends out. Damaged one boot already. Tried using a puller. No luck. Looking to replace bars but NOBODY seems to have this style. Every site I go to doesn't show bars with a tie-rod in one end of a tube that has a bushing at other end. Chrysler dealer wants $110 each for "upper and lower link" Some has to know where one is cheaper online. Anyone able to help?
Old 24 Apr 2011, 01:01 am
Dedicated Cruiser

When I changed my bellcrank I used a fork to remove the tie rods, but I loosed them on the car....In other words, get under the car, stick the fork in the tie rod and hit them with a big hammer ...then remove them from the car....
I also damaged the dust boots but I went to Pep Boys and bought a pair of red polyurethane boots and put them instead..
Old 24 Apr 2011, 09:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I've tried the fork. That's how I ruined the first boot. Absolutely will not budge. I didn't know anyone carried replacement boots. We don't have a Pep Boys here but I'll look around to the others. Thanks. Bad feeling that I'll need to replace arms anyway.
Old 24 Apr 2011, 10:30 am
Dedicated Cruiser

The boots are energy suspension.....did you try taking the whole assembly out of the car, put it on a vise, unscrew the tie rod nut half way out and hitting the nut with a big hammer?...
If you need to buy new ones you can try mopar-wholesale.com...they have really good prices....
Old 24 Apr 2011, 11:26 am
Regular Cruiser

O'reilly's has the Lateral links, thats the ball joint on one end and bushing on the other....I paid $56 ea for the lateral links!!! ebay has the bellcrank for $35.13 including shipping.

Don't mess with replacing the bushings, just buy the whole thing! Getting the balljoints out of the bellcrank is a pain in the *ss!!!!

The lateral links come in upper, and lower. (top and bottom) on the bellcrank. They ARE different lengths!

Good luck!

SOLD-----K&N FIPK CAI, MSD wires, NGK plugs
03 Dream Cruiser series 2 #1489,5sp
k&N FIPK CAI, MSD 8MM wires, NGK iridium plugs, oil catch can, AGP wastegate, Mopar BOV,Mopar Boost Gauge,Stage 1 injectors,DSP Sport tuner,VSR Anima 18" wheels, Kelly 225-40-18 tires, 3" cat delete downpipe, APS SS dual exhaust.

Now owner of a black CSRT stage 1.
Old 24 Apr 2011, 01:02 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

You are right golf55555...maybe you can just change the links for $56.....Unless you what the best handling and go with a full Energy Suspension Bushings Kit, like I did ....
You'll be amazed how nice the car handles after a full polyurethane bushing swap
Old 24 Apr 2011, 01:04 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

OEM goes for $59 each link and $64 for the bellcrank...all from mopar-wholesale.com