Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
stiffer suspension in the rear end?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jul 2010, 09:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default stiffer suspension in the rear end?

I bought a 03 Limited a few weeks ago, love it, but have some issues with it. I had poor gas mileage initially; now it seems my PT adapts to my driving style, and the gas mileage improves a lot.

Another issue is about the ride quality. It feels that the rear suspension is much stiffer than the front. When it drives over a crack on the road, the front wheels give me a normal gentle feedback, but the rear end gives me a shock. On freeway, since no road is mirror flat, the small unevenness on road becomes very uncomfortable at any speed above 40mph, I can feel vibration through my left foot on floor, right foot on pedal and the seat.

I am the second owner, the first owner is a senior citizen, and put less than 18K on this 03 car. I don't think he modified the suspension. It's not the tire issue either, they are the stock ones, I keep the pressure at 34PSI, and rotated them yesterday, the problem is still there.

I understand Limited edition has stiffer suspension than the other editions, but it should not be so stiff. Could it be anything wrong?
Old 30 Jul 2010, 11:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: stiffer suspension in the rear end?

Another issue I have with the vibration is that it generates a low frequency sound, and the sound gives my ears a wind buffeting feeling, it's very annoying.

If I want to switch to a soft ride, what should I do?

Thanks for any input.