Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Chrome clad wheels?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Oct 2010, 06:08 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Chrome clad wheels?

I have seen a few PT's with the 16" chrome clad wheels.They look like the same painted wheels on my car with a chrome cap on them.If this is the case can the chrome covers be purchased seperately and put on my wheels?
my wheels

Chrome clad wheels
Old 15 Oct 2010, 08:13 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Chrome clad wheels?

I don't believe the "covers" are available separately. You'd have to buy a clad set and sell yours...
Old 15 Oct 2010, 02:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The painted ones are the most trouble-free anyway.The chrome pits/discolors/flakes.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 15 Oct 2010, 02:53 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Chrome clad wheels?

Hey their SCBluePT,

If you really want your wheels but in a chome finish like that, I would maybe suggest checking around and see if you might be able to find a good powder coater around your area. They now make some relly nice chrome like powder coatings thatgive the same basic look but as with all power coating it is extremely resilient and able to stand up to heavy abuse and still look like new.

The nice thing is it is not all that expensive. The going rate to have your wheels powder coated either any color you could want, or a chrome of machined like finish should run you right around $65.00 - $75.00 per wheel plus the cost of dismounting, and remounting and balancing the tires which is minimal cost. So for right around the $300.00 plus the cost of the tire dismount and remount, you can essentially have a brand new looking set of custom finished wheels how ever you want them to look.

To me that is by far the cheapest, and probably one of the cooler ways to upgrade wheels that can be done, and yet not very many people look into it for some reason.

That's my two cents anyway.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 15 Oct 2010, 03:40 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Buy the 04 limited rims
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 07:48 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezinghot View Post
Buy the 04 limited rims
I want a set of earlier wheels but I dont know if my sensors will work with them.