Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stock Hubcaps-body color

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2010, 10:56 am
Young Cruiser

Default Stock Hubcaps-body color

Anybody have any pics with the Stock Hubcaps painted the body color? I recently started this project, got the OEM paint put in a spray can (no air compressor so have to fudge, sucks when your an Ex body man). My PT is plum (purple) I figured one can would cover with the right primer base.. I was wrong, so second can is on the way (man.. a quart of paint would have been cheaper, ah, to have a shop again!, ah well, do with what you have). I already made one mistake (silly for somebody who has done this before) started a test run to check it out and it appeared BLUE!.. hehe more paint and the Purple showed up.. was kinda shocked at how dark blue it looked till more paint got on the hubcaps. Cleaning brake dus is a annoying no fun job!

Anyways, anybody with some pics of body color hubcaps (or even rims).. google isnt showing me much.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 11:39 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Stock Hubcaps-body color

Hi,
I painted mine last month, I let the car sit over the weekend before I drove it. Oops, just realized you were talking about painted hubcaps, I painted my rims.

Karen and Lil' Nilla

Last edited by chintzgirl; 19 Oct 2010 at 11:41 am.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 05:18 pm
Banned

Default Re: Stock Hubcaps-body color

About six years That was the first mod I did to "Woody" I even went as far as putting the PT Cruiser script that we have on the sides of our PTs from the center out to one side on the covers. It gives you a cool visual when its rolling slow into a car show and turns into a shiny chrome-like blurr at higher speed. I removed the side script, door handles, antenna, door bumpers, all rear hatch script, washer squirters, front emblem from the 1st hood and painted the top from beltline up with House of Kolor Shimrin as my next mod.

I also monochromed a set of full moons and added the PT Cruiser script to them as well.

Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 me & the PT.jpg (90.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 008 moons & redlines.jpg (44.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 12.5 rear with skirts.jpg (82.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg jtnewhood06.jpg (42.3 KB, 25 views)