Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
eibach sway bars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Dec 2010, 06:30 am
Cool Cruiser

Default eibach sway bars

im trying to find a decent, not to expensive sway bar and so far this is what i got, kinda looks small compaired to the others ive seen, pics are tricky thou, anyone got a oppinion of these?

Eibach Chrysler PT Cruiser Antiroll Kit Front & Rear Sway Bars 01-Up - AutoTruckToys.com

then there are these more expencive mopar ones, and they look bigger in the pick, i know what a sway bar does but i dont know much about the difrences and what would be better.

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ptcruis...20809C652.aspx

Last edited by urimashe; 09 Dec 2010 at 06:35 am.
Old 09 Dec 2010, 08:28 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: eibach sway bars

oh and if theres a better, cheaper place to get these bars let me know, any info on this would be a great help. thanks!
Old 09 Dec 2010, 10:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Best place is to find a wrecked vert. The sway bars are huge compared to the base model.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 03:30 am
Cool Cruiser

lol, doubt id find a wrecked vert up here, verts up here are stowed in the winter, and noone crashes in the summer cuz there good at driving in the winter, go figure. anyways, the vert sway bars i found online said they are for vert only? since its a 2006 i dont think my base has the sway bars int he first place... least thats what i read.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 05:11 am
Cool Cruiser

anyone else got any input i could use?
Old 11 Dec 2010, 11:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The Mopar's are beefier, and pricier too. As with all OEM stuff.

There are several different kits out there that fit the PT. However, you're running an NA so while some of the 'beefier' kits really help out with the GT's, they are a waste of money for the NA's.

Addco sways from Summit racing

Eibach & Hellwig sways from Race Pages

Mopar sways from BPE MoparPerformance

Progress Sways (my personal fav) from Race and Street (fav vendor too)

And if you ask, yes I did a buttload of research on the sways and kits. Before you buy, I suggest visiting ptcrew.com and reading up on what else you need to install your sways, as the kits are missing the dog bones.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 11:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Oh, also, are you going to lower your PT? If so, you need to do that first, but try to install the sways at the same time. You'll have to do a complete 4-wheel alignment and you WILL need shims when that's being done. Luckily I went and bought my own shims before going in for the alignment and saved myself a bunch of $$$!!!.

You don't want to GUESS on the alignment when you add sways and/or lower your PT. You can get it close, but you'll start scraping, cupping or getting strange diagonal wear on your tires. I mean if you're adding sways to improve cornering performance and handling, then you SHOULD verify your alignment too. Just my opinion, but please take that from someone who races not just the straight 1/4 mile but I also do time attacks and run insane mountain roads up in the Smokies.....
Old 12 Dec 2010, 03:12 am
Cool Cruiser

welll im not planing on doing any races but i like to corner at speed, and i dont plan on lowering it, somday i wana put on a xenon or whatever body kit, i dont think it be wise to have that and lower it hear in alaska with out rutty roads.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 03:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Go for the Progress sways then!
Old 12 Dec 2010, 05:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If you are dead set on the eibach sways and/or springs, I have the entire catalog that lists the various configurations for the PT: Eibach Springs and Sways