Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
looking to buy two inch drop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jul 2011, 01:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default looking to buy two inch drop

looking to buy a two inch drop but i was also wandering if the eibach lower springs where any good?
Old 04 Jul 2011, 02:10 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: looking to buy two inch drop

I had the Eibachs on my car for a while and they were really nice. Even better if you get the blue Tokico shocks and struts with them. It's a mild drop: 1.6" front and 2.0" back
Old 13 Jul 2011, 10:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Do the Eibach springs still give the cruiser a rake or does it flatten it out? I like a mean look, which usually means a rake.

If it flattens is out then what do you guys suggest?
Old 13 Jul 2011, 11:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Most of the kits level the ride stance a bit, but it still retains plenty of that lower forward look. I went round and round looking for a drop that would level mine pretty evenly and the H&R Sport Springs package, along with Tokico's, seems to me to be the best. Just my opinion...

Old 14 Jul 2011, 12:40 am
Cool Cruiser

Sprint lowering springs work great 2 inches F+R... great price too on ebay. I love em

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s
Old 14 Jul 2011, 03:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWhitePT2 View Post
Sprint lowering springs work great 2 inches F+R... great price too on ebay. I love em
Bet you love speed bumps, steep driveways and parking head in, too. Love that scraping sound of the front pan. My srt suffers that fate if I'm not careful. Love the Eibachs on it, though. My first two PTs were lowered with Eibachs, too and I loved the ride. They also had problems with the three problems I mentioned. Can't imagine a two inch drop and the hassles it will cause. If I lowered a PT again I'd go with air bags so I could lower it to look wicked and I could raise it to not cause hassles of where I could and where I couldn't go. Just mt .02.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 09:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWhitePT2 View Post
I have the same set but I havent install it in my car because I want to make sure the drop will be even! Does it?
Old 15 Jul 2011, 12:01 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004GTMAN View Post
Bet you love speed bumps, steep driveways and parking head in, too. Love that scraping sound of the front pan. My srt suffers that fate if I'm not careful. Love the Eibachs on it, though. My first two PTs were lowered with Eibachs, too and I loved the ride. They also had problems with the three problems I mentioned. Can't imagine a two inch drop and the hassles it will cause. If I lowered a PT again I'd go with air bags so I could lower it to look wicked and I could raise it to not cause hassles of where I could and where I couldn't go. Just mt .02.
Different strokes for different folks.

A 2-inch drop isn't much to some people. I was one of the few to have driven on the Candy Drop (3/5" F/R), and the ride wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, well thanks to Tokicos too. You came off a little strong in your post. The OP shouldn't be intimidated by the way it was exaggerated. Let him try it out first before scaring him out of it.
Old 15 Jul 2011, 01:54 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Heh mine is 2.75F 3.25R and the ride is pretty good. After driving with them for awhile I can judge angles of decent and speed bumps pretty easily. A female friend of mine has a steep drive way and is always saying SCRAPE! SCRAPE! SCRAPE! and I never do

Heck the other day I drove over a curb just fine lol <--- Accident on my part
However that just scraped the rail on the side
Old 15 Jul 2011, 03:29 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004GTMAN View Post
Actually yes, I have to look out for all of that but its because of the huge wheels I have, not because its lowered. My rear wheels rub if I hit a serious dip in the road or if the incline is to steep my rear wheels will hit the wheels wells on either side depending on which angle. If I was on stock 17s i would have decent room left even with a 2 inch drop. I'm never worried about scrapin the air dam because that will scrape at stock height depending on the situation too. So with all this said... would I go back to stock height just because I'm afraid to scrape my pt. The answer is hell NO. Lol

My pt handles corners wayy better since lowered and also because of the soft nitto tires too. There is no bounce at all and the ride is smooth surprisingly, feels like stock honestly. The springs did settle about 1/2 inch or less a month after installation. She still sits even and perfect for the person that asked. When I bought the sprint springs I kinda figured that I didn't have that much of a choice for a 2 inch drop all around, so I bit the bullet and got those at the great price offered. Once again, so glad I did!

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s