Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
AIR RIDE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jan 2004, 03:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default AIR RIDE

i have been lookin all around pricing different companies for a complete air ride. heres the break down soo far
ride tech=2500.00
dz motorsports=2800.00
EAI=1800.00

I TALKED TO ALL THREE COMPANIES ON THE PHONE. EAI HAS A 5 YEAR WARRANTY AND THEIR SALES ASSOCIATE WAS VERY HELPFUL. THESE PRICES ARE FOR FULL KITS , THATS EVERYTHING FRONT, BACK, SIDE TO SIDE, HOSES, FITTING, SWTICHES, COMPRESSORS, ETC.

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE KNOW OF ANY OTHER GOOD COMPANIES I TRIED AIM BUT THEY DON'T MAKE A COMPLETE KIT JUST THE FRONT. AND I HEARD THEY ARE PRETTY CRUMMY. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP AND HOPEFULLY I WILL BE HITTIN SWITCHES SOON.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 03:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

Did you ever call Jason at Suicide Doors? Check out his site at http://www.suicidedoors.com

Great guy, and he qouted me a price of $2000 for a complete kit...call him..located in Indiana...

BigPhil

Old 14 Jan 2004, 05:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

OK I TALKED TO SUICIDE DOORS AND HE GAVE ME A EVEN BETTER PRICE OF 1590.00 THAT 2 COMPRESSORS AND A 8 GALLON TANK. ONE QUESTION FOR ANYBODY. THE KIT IS FOR A NEON . DO THE PT AND NEON HAVE THE SAME FRONT SUSPENSION??? HE SAID THEY HAVE NEVER DONE A PT CRUISER , SO BEFORE I BUY I NEED SOME MORE HELP. IS THERE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN THE FRONT SUSPENSION??
03, onyx 5 speed, custom interior, 14 tv\'s, ps2, , custom stereo, hood, bruiser front, sides, roll pan, custom exhaust,20 inch rims, air ride system, 4 12inch subs in a molded in a box, member of del val and GROUNDED 4 LIFE. vertical doors, big ass ragtop roof, 10.5 inch screen in steering wheel, move window switches to glove box, glassed a tv where the switches were, smoothed dash and painted, led tailights, tv;s in quater panel windows

FRESH TWO TONE GREEN AND SILVER , SHAVED TAILIGHTS WITH LEDS IN THE ROLL PAN...
Old 14 Jan 2004, 06:08 pm
Senior Cruiser

I heard the PT is a galorified Neon, but then again thats from a mechanic and he could be a "hater". I would trust a better person to work on my car then him. After telling me that.

I do know the have some similarities. Check with the other manufacturers and see what they say.

Good luck.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 01:30 am
Cool Cruiser

5 yr warranty, now thats standing behind your product.. I guess if EAI is good enough for Jessie James and the Monster Garage PT.. then go with it..
Old 19 Jan 2004, 05:26 am
Regular Cruiser

I own a 2002 Dream Cruiser. Last January I installed (myself) an air ride system from Easy Street. This before I found Ride Tech. I installed the front sturt bags from Ride Tech soon after and I love it.
Back then the Ride Tech struts were a little expensive ($999) and now they are half that. The Ride Tech has a complete kit. I recommend them.
I too researched EAI and found out that they use cylinder sturts which give you a much rougher ride. Ride Tech strut bags are better and the ride is adjustable. I suggest that you go with half inch line with at least a five gallon tank. I know some one who has the Ride Tech package with a 1 gallon tank and 1/4 inch lines and it rises very slow. I can lift my car all the way up within 2 seconds and the same goes with dropping it. They will tell you that the ports on the strut and bags come only in 3/8 size which is fine. But I used reducers at the strut and bags and I have no problems.

Dream Bruizer
Old 19 Jan 2004, 11:39 am
Cool Cruiser

Dream,
where did you find a set of Ride Tech strut bags for half of $999.00? I agree that the cylinders will give a more aggressive ride. The only reason I went with the cylinders over the strut bags was the amount of drop that I am getting. In order to get the additional 1" I would had to do some mods (cutting up the car)..Serious though drop some info on were you purchased your strut bags from..
Old 20 Jan 2004, 01:27 pm
Regular Cruiser

Kevin1058, sorry it took so long to reply. I'm currently in Iraq. Internet access is limited but getting better. Here is the link to front bags for $499.
http://www.kmwperformance.com/prod.a...002&Category=2

I couldn't believe it myself. It may be a mistake but I suggest to take advantage of their mistake.

Dream Bruizer
Old 20 Jan 2004, 02:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

are those any good kevin?? the ones dream bruizer posted?
03, onyx 5 speed, custom interior, 14 tv\'s, ps2, , custom stereo, hood, bruiser front, sides, roll pan, custom exhaust,20 inch rims, air ride system, 4 12inch subs in a molded in a box, member of del val and GROUNDED 4 LIFE. vertical doors, big ass ragtop roof, 10.5 inch screen in steering wheel, move window switches to glove box, glassed a tv where the switches were, smoothed dash and painted, led tailights, tv;s in quater panel windows

FRESH TWO TONE GREEN AND SILVER , SHAVED TAILIGHTS WITH LEDS IN THE ROLL PAN...
Old 20 Jan 2004, 02:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Those aren't Ride Tech struts.. Dream, I think you got screwed if you think the ones pictured are from Ride Tech. Those are from chasis tech.. The ride tech struts are made from billet aluminum and the shock is a 12 way adjustable QA1 racing shock.. I've heard that the Chasis Tech struts aren't very good. Just in the extra $400.00 you'll spend your going to get a top end adjustable shock plus quality craftmanship in the design of the strut bag..