Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
GoodBye Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jan 2004, 04:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default GoodBye Tires

Oh well, this fatal day few hours ago the Front Right and Back Right tires literally blew after passing over a hole in the street, one is flat with no visible signs of damage, but the the Front Right looks like if it was slashed with a sharp object and the wheel is slightly scratched at the edge, fortunately my speed wasn't high (20 or 25mph) or i would be writting this from the twilight.zone.com [:0],i wonder where the TAX incomes goes? all the damn streets in the city are full of holes and patches .

Anyone knows the cost of each tire?

I just hope the wheel/suspension/etc are ok, cuzz if not those are big words ($$$) right?

Old 22 Jan 2004, 08:23 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Go here:

http://www.tirerack.com

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 22 Jan 2004, 08:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Hope you don't replace them with more GoodYears - you can get 2 new ones & put them on the front. I happen to like Michelin tires, and have them on my PT, but there are lots of other tires out there both cheaper and better than Goodyear. When you buy the tires, ask about a road hazard warranty - if what happened to you happens again, they replace your tires free.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Jan 2004, 11:08 am
Cool Cruiser

I have two sets of goodyears never had a problem but your choice.[:I]

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner
Old 22 Jan 2004, 08:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

good luck!! let us know what you do
Old 23 Jan 2004, 02:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

... was visited by the insurace agent and told me that i need to pay about 900 dlls (5% of the car value) but also that the car need to be checked so he gave me an apointment with the dealership, another ride over a crane yeah! i'm becoming expert on climbing the crane's platform! so for the next days the GT will stay at the dealership's to check if there's more damage, they will call me on saturday to inform me about the diagnose.

Yiak! 165 bucks each tire (checked www.tiretrack.com thanx IRPT!) hmmm i would add 30% plus 15% TAX here in Mexico... with too many holes in the streets having a GT would be expesive.

Many friends told me about a new law to sue the town-hall for damages caused by poor/bad care roads and streets, but oh surprise i went in the afternoon to the zone where the hole is to take a pic for the evidence and it was filled with sand [xx(], i asked to the owners of the stores and fastfood rest. nearby and told me that a truck arrived early and dropped sand in the hole.
I took the pic anyway, although it would be useless (for legal purposes) now, but when i was walking to home i found anothe big hole (160 ft away from the one i felt on) so i took a pic of it too and of course pics of the damage on the GT so i hope to develop/scan the film soon to share 'em with you, not that i'm proud of the (miserably) state of the streets on my town (and country) but i would like to know what the ppl of another country would think about (when the ppl at gov. wastes your money giving themselves very often bonus of thousands of dlls just for doing nothing [|)]).

Thanxs everybody (and sorry for the blog) i'll let you know how the things are going.
Saludos Amigos!
Old 23 Jan 2004, 03:10 am
Young Cruiser

I just got rid of my GoodYears for these:

Yokohama Avid V4S
P215/50R-17 93V BW
UTQG: 500AA
$114.00
Free Shipping! from Discount Tire and Tirerack has them.
500AA rating, one of the highest ratings I've seen on a tire. They handle great wioth very very little road noise. I've had Dunlop, Michelin, GoodYear and others and I sold on this tire for the money.

<font color=\"blue\">MODS:</font id=\"blue\">

Stage I, Custom Pin Stripe, Rear Spoiler, BTG Polished Strut Tower Brace, Borla 2.5\" CAT Back Dual Exhaust, and AirAid Intake System, Polished Front & Rear Sill Plates, Chrome Antenna Bezel w/10\" Chrome Billet Antenna, Mobil 1 and K&N Gold Filter, \"Flame\" 3rd Brake Light, \"Streamline Design\" PT Cruiser Visor, Rear Shelf Graphics and Dash Dots on Steering Wheel, and MGW \"GT\" Auto Shift Knob,Chrome Door Lock Pulls, Chrome Billet A/C Knobs with Acrylic Red Inserts, Chrome Oil Cap, Chrome Dip Stick, Chrome Radio Knob, Blane\'s Hood Lift Kit. Chrome Raidiator Coolant Bottle Cover, Timing Belt Housing Cover, Shock Tower Covers w/Nuts, Power Brake CYL Cap Cover, Windshield Washer Cap Cover, A/C Line Connector Cap Covers, A/C Check Valve Cap Covers and Radiator Cap Cover. \"GT2\" Rolo Red Calipers, Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires - Red, Red Wire Looms, Billet Aluminum Steering Wheel Caps (4), Chrome Coin Tray Trim Cover, Chrome Shifter Bezel Tirm Ring, Yoko AVID V4S - 215/50/70\'s, TYC Euro Style Back-up Lights, and Screamin Demon Coil
Old 23 Jan 2004, 04:06 am
Fresh Cruiser

Another good tire seems to be the Yokohama AVS ES100.
I'll be replacing my Goodyears with these soon,
probably at the same time as I do all of my suspension
upgrade work in March.

Paul
Old 23 Jan 2004, 08:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

$165 a tire! I repeat, you can get better tires for less. Do you have Sears in Mexico?
Old 23 Jan 2004, 09:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by IRPT

Go here:

http://www.tirerack.com
or try here:

http://www.tires.com

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.