PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Full-Moon Chrome Wheel Covers wont say on!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Full-Moon Chrome Wheel Covers wont say on!

Ok here it is I have a very retro-looking PT Woody,lots of chrome, white wall tires and Full-Moon chrome wheel covers. I have tried everything from bending out the tabs to silcone even tried superglue! NJ road are just to rough (I had no problem while in Ohio). Now because I am just a little bit anal about how my 'Cruiser looks so when I lost my last hub cap to the NJ highways I stopped at department store and bought a cheap set of ABS chrome wheel covers to have on while waiting on delivery for replacement Full-Moon. Wouldn't you know these cheap pieces of crap hang on like a PitBull on t-bone steak! So I have been looking for ABS Chrome Full-Moon wheel covers sometimes called smoothies. So far I found a manufacture in Tiawan but can't seem to find them here. So is anyone going to Tiawan or know where I can find them here in the U.S.?
Old 18 Jan 2012, 11:18 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Full-Moon Chrome Wheel Covers wont say on!

did you try putting some goood electrical tape on the edges of the moons they seem to help hold them in place
Old 18 Jan 2012, 11:49 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
did you try putting some goood electrical tape on the edges of the moons they seem to help hold them in place
Masking tape also can be useful.

Another good idea is to put a label inside your wheel cover, so that if someone finds it, they *might* return it to you and save you some bucks in replacing it. Even if you give them a reward, you still might save a couple of bucks - and you get your wheel cover back!
Old 18 Jan 2012, 01:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well that is probably the only thing I haven't tried. I will probably order a complete set that way I will have 3 spares. I have been thinking about going with the chrome smoothy rims with baby moons. The affect is about the same but the cost is much less for the Full-Moons if you don't have to replace missing ones over and over and over. Thanks I'll give it a try sure wish I could find a set of those in ABS though.