PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Eibach Pro Kit with or without sway bars?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2012, 02:19 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Eibach Pro Kit with or without sway bars?

So I want to install a set of Eibach Pro Springs which will give it the ride height I'm looking for. Is it worth me forking out another $200+ for the kit including front and rear sway bars? And is that all im going to need to replace?
Silver '03 NA, K&N Gen 2 Cold Air Intake, Borla Cat back 2.25 dual out, 18" Gunmetal Drag DR-19's , 225/40 ZR18, Tokico Blue shocks and struts with Eibach Pro springs. Soon (money and wife permitting) PTeazer front fascia w/ retro grill, power cowl hood and rear rollpan. In the back of my mind: Kenne Bell Optimizer II (If I can find one).
Old 22 Feb 2012, 02:34 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: Eibach Pro Kit with or without sway bars?

I had Eibach springs in my car and blue Tokicos ,then I put a full set of Energy Suspension bushings and made a big difference on the corners ...then I added the Eibach sway bars and to tell you the truth didn't not feel much difference.... Maybe you'll feel it more if you have stock bushings?

btw, I'll have the Eibach kit for sale soon ...
Old 22 Feb 2012, 03:03 pm
Young Cruiser

So I guess my next question would be; is it advisable to replace the shocks as well?
Silver '03 NA, K&N Gen 2 Cold Air Intake, Borla Cat back 2.25 dual out, 18" Gunmetal Drag DR-19's , 225/40 ZR18, Tokico Blue shocks and struts with Eibach Pro springs. Soon (money and wife permitting) PTeazer front fascia w/ retro grill, power cowl hood and rear rollpan. In the back of my mind: Kenne Bell Optimizer II (If I can find one).
Old 22 Feb 2012, 03:09 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmansnuts View Post
So I guess my next question would be; is it advisable to replace the shocks as well?
Oh yeah...I first put the Eibachs with the OEM GT shocks and the ride was horrible ( harsh & bouncy )...then I bought a set of blue Tokicos and that made the ride really nice...then, a couple of months later, I found a set of Goldline springs and I swap them for the Eibachs.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 03:11 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmansnuts View Post
if you are lowering the car you need to replace the shocks and struts with ones that can cope with the lowering springs. the factory ones won't cut it... Tokico Blues are the way to go but are hard to find these days...

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS
www.rcktpwrd.com