Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Wheel spacers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Mar 2012, 03:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Wheel spacers

Has anyone fitted wheel spacers simply to achieve the look of a slightly wider stance i.e. not because they had to? I've haven't changed the brakes or alloys from stock but just wanted the wider look. Would 10mm spacers make much difference? Just wondered if I would be wasting my money.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 08:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Wheel spacers

Well 10mm is less then half an inch. Depends on what size tire you have and how much room you have to play with. I made the mistake of not checking everything. So now I'm waiting for mine to get delivered so I can send it back. Goofy me to anxious to get my friggin rims to fit. But measure. See how far you can move your tire out. Iv looked online to try to find pts with spacers. So if you do get some, take some pics.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 03:14 am
Senior Cruiser

i have 25mm spacers that came with new studs installed and hub centric ringd. i have to make a mod to the backside of my wheels before installing them tho
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 03 Apr 2012, 09:05 am
Young Cruiser

I currently have 5mm spacers on my front and rear wheels, but have a pair of 20mm H&R hub-centric spacers to go on the rear. Fitting them requires shortening of the standard studs as the my steel wheels do not have a recess in them to accept the longer stud.

I know that once fitted they are gonna look bang tidy!
Old 28 Oct 2012, 02:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to kingkold17 Send a message via Skype™ to kingkold17

ive got 38mm on my stock pt limited, theres no mods needed when i did this my turning radius and cornering ability did not change. I did however put new tires on, they are 225/50/R16 makes a little difference in the look i think, but hey to each his own

Old 28 Oct 2012, 02:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkold17 View Post
ive got 38mm on my stock pt limited, theres no mods needed when i did this my turning radius and cornering ability did not change. I did however put new tires on, they are 225/50/R16 makes a little difference in the look i think, but hey to each his own
how bout some pics?
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.