Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
painting my calipers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Mar 2012, 03:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default painting my calipers

Was thinking about painting my front calipers green. Was wanting to see what people would think before I did it and what to do about the rear since they are drums
Old 16 Mar 2012, 03:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: painting my calipers

Personally id go for white to match your car or silver but as with any mod its your car and your choice.
Old 16 Mar 2012, 04:10 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I thought about that bt then started thinking where id get the paint that would match it. Then I thought green since I'm bout to switch out my white leds in the interior for green ones. Unless you have thougts on where to get paint that would match?
Old 16 Mar 2012, 04:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'm thinking about painting mine a satin black, with Mopar or PT Cruiser spelled out in silver, then going to apply several layers of satin clearcoat.
Old 16 Mar 2012, 04:59 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Any thing but a standard color looks odd to me, unless it's a corvette, Porsche or something.

You can use standard paint on calipers and abutments, they don't get 'hot', just blasted by road debris.

My drums need repaint every Spring, even when i had 'em powdercoated with Hi-temp-
'hat' part of caliper holds up, but vanes are same as drums, always need repaint.

The repaint also gives votes to a standard color, if you get a special mix, then need to touch a part up in a year, it's EZ to just buy 'Gloss Black' anywhere
Old 16 Mar 2012, 05:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Girlfriend had told me black when I first started talking about painting them. So many choices. Does anyone have pics of it done on a pt? I'm sure there is
Old 16 Mar 2012, 05:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownSport View Post
Any thing but a standard color looks odd to me, unless it's a corvette, Porsche or something.

You can use standard paint on calipers and abutments, they don't get 'hot', just blasted by road debris.

My drums need repaint every Spring, even when i had 'em powdercoated with Hi-temp-
'hat' part of caliper holds up, but vanes are same as drums, always need repaint.

The repaint also gives votes to a standard color, if you get a special mix, then need to touch a part up in a year, it's EZ to just buy 'Gloss Black' anywhere
X2
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 03 Apr 2012, 09:17 am
Young Cruiser

I painted the calipers red on my old PT, looked great with the black wheels (see pic)

So many new cars have red calipers, not just high-end sports cars either. They are currently a dealer option on Fiat 500's, Civic Type R, Focus ST and Mazda RX8.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tidy.jpg (37.4 KB, 42 views)
Old 03 Apr 2012, 01:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

I'll be painting mine with silver hammerite hopefully this weekend, will be posting pics once finsihed.
Old 03 Apr 2012, 02:23 pm
Young Cruiser

There are calliper covers on the market. A little pricy but i think they look pretty cool. I'm thinking of getting a pair for mine.
2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Caliper Covers | Chrysler PT Cruiser... Im sure you can probably find them cheaper else where.
Silver '03 NA, K&N Gen 2 Cold Air Intake, Borla Cat back 2.25 dual out, 18" Gunmetal Drag DR-19's , 225/40 ZR18, Tokico Blue shocks and struts with Eibach Pro springs. Soon (money and wife permitting) PTeazer front fascia w/ retro grill, power cowl hood and rear rollpan. In the back of my mind: Kenne Bell Optimizer II (If I can find one).