Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Smoothie Wheel and moon caps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Mar 2012, 10:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Smoothie Wheel and moon caps

Dear all, I am a new member but desperately need your advise and/or help. I am in a process of buying a new wheels and I want exclusively a 'retro look'. I've seen some great photos posted and I am wondering where I could buy great new set of smoothie wheels myself. I checked some web-sites e.g, shopvintagewheels.com and similar but couldn't find any reviews? I know they are some private places in CA where I could order from..anything on the East Coast--I reside in Northern Virginia.
If I can't find suitable wheels are the baby moon caps good? Anyone has them? Also I want only american tires--what do you think what type of tires would complement smotthie wheels or moon caps/hubs? Please advise.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 11:26 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: Smoothie Wheel and moon caps

Maybe these?

WHEEL VINTIQUES FWD SMOOTHIES PT CRUISER VW NEW BEETLE | eBay
Old 22 Mar 2012, 01:12 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to Pipeous

I was looking for some to put on my minivan and found these hubcaps Smoothie Hubcaps, Baby Moon or Moon Hubcaps Wheel Covers Kustom Car Moons
Old 22 Mar 2012, 02:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via ICQ to PT_Panel

Don't know of a place on the East coast, Look at Crager, and cruisermotorsports.com I went with a 15" because I wanted a wider WW. Diamond back make American White Walls or black walls different sizes. The baby moons came with mine.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 07:11 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I got mine from Summit Racing - Wheel Vintiques 06-5615042 - Wheel Vintiques 06 Series Smoothie Chrome Wheels - Overview - SummitRacing.com -

Really good customer service - they ship out of GA and OH - close to NOVA

No matter where you look, be sure to check both price and shipping options for best total cost. Also make sure you are getting quotes for baby moons in addition to wheels - some places bundle them - some don't.

I, too; wanted American tires - settled on Coopers - made in Memphis, TN.

Old 23 Mar 2012, 04:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Your car looks great! I will check both for wheels and tires..how did you ordered the tires? Directly or via web-site? If so, which one? So far I had Good Year, made in US and I was happy with my tires..Have you ever tried Firestone--I believe they are also American made correct?
Old 23 Mar 2012, 04:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_Panel View Post
Don't know of a place on the East coast, Look at Crager, and cruisermotorsports.com I went with a 15" because I wanted a wider WW. Diamond back make American White Walls or black walls different sizes. The baby moons came with mine.
Your car is beautiful..Have you order your wheels from that place as well? This is what I am looking for?
Old 23 Mar 2012, 04:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeous View Post
I was looking for some to put on my minivan and found these hubcaps Smoothie Hubcaps, Baby Moon or Moon Hubcaps Wheel Covers Kustom Car Moons
Is this place hubcapmike.com good quality place? I don't mind ordering from any part of US just want to make sure I'm ordering from a good place, made in US. Also how the hub/caps do on the wheels? I am just afraid I may loose them on the road..Often I see that happened on interstate. What tires do you use? So far I used Good year and I was happy with them.
Old 23 Mar 2012, 04:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sania View Post
Your car is beautiful..Have you order your wheels from that place as well? This is what I am looking for?
I don't mind ordering wheels from any place, I heard of some good places in California I just want good recommendation. Please let me know where did you ordered your? Looks great.
Old 23 Mar 2012, 07:04 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sania View Post
Your car looks great! I will check both for wheels and tires..how did you ordered the tires? Directly or via web-site? If so, which one? So far I had Good Year, made in US and I was happy with my tires..Have you ever tried Firestone--I believe they are also American made correct?
Thanks. I bought the tires locally. I'm not sure where particular brands of tires are manufactured. You just have to check with your tire dealer.

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.