Advertisements
front strut replacement

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 808

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Apr 2012, 03:35 pm
Young Cruiser

Default front strut replacement

So I got my front driver side strut off, i have put together the new blue tokico together with an Eibach spring, but now i cant get the steering knuckle to line up. the strut is about 1" lower then the holes on the knuckle. What now?
Silver '03 NA, K&N Gen 2 Cold Air Intake, Borla Cat back 2.25 dual out, 18" Gunmetal Drag DR-19's , 225/40 ZR18, Tokico Blue shocks and struts with Eibach Pro springs. Soon (money and wife permitting) PTeazer front fascia w/ retro grill, power cowl hood and rear rollpan. In the back of my mind: Kenne Bell Optimizer II (If I can find one).
Old 14 Apr 2012, 05:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: front strut replacement

With the 3 top strut mount bolts loose, I had to tilt the rotor out to line up the bottom bolt. Once you get that one in, the upper lines up.

If that doesn't work, you can try what my mechanic did and use a pry bar to pull the knuckle down a bit.
mityqwik likes this.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 05:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 View Post
With the 3 top strut mount bolts loose, I had to tilt the rotor out to line up the bottom bolt. Once you get that one in, the upper lines up.

If that doesn't work, you can try what my mechanic did and use a pry bar to pull the knuckle down a bit.
Or unhook the sway bar. But just have to hook it back though. I usuly do it like the above suggestion.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 16 Apr 2012, 09:45 am
Young Cruiser

Thanks guys, turns out its a lot easier if you jack both wheels off the ground! feel like a complete Noob!
Silver '03 NA, K&N Gen 2 Cold Air Intake, Borla Cat back 2.25 dual out, 18" Gunmetal Drag DR-19's , 225/40 ZR18, Tokico Blue shocks and struts with Eibach Pro springs. Soon (money and wife permitting) PTeazer front fascia w/ retro grill, power cowl hood and rear rollpan. In the back of my mind: Kenne Bell Optimizer II (If I can find one).