PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pirelli P4 four season or Hankook Optimo 4S tires?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Apr 2012, 04:44 am
Regular Cruiser

Question Pirelli P4 four season or Hankook Optimo 4S tires?

I'm looking for new tires for my 2007 Cruiser (non turbo) and have narrowed it down to two different tires:

Pirelli P4 four season: Pirelli P4 Four Seasons - Canadian Tire

Hankook Optimo 4S tires: Hankook Optimo 4S - Canadian Tire

I live near Calgary, Alberta so we can get a lot of snow in the winter, or go weeks without any. The weather is pretty unpredictable - we can occasionally suntan in December and get snow in August!!! The reason for these specific tires is that both of them are rated for FOUR seasons... Still not as good as a winter tire in the winter, but better than an all-season tire. I *REALLY* don't want to switch tires back and forth.

Any thoughts?
Old 23 Apr 2012, 12:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Pirelli P4 four season or Hankook Optimo 4S tires?

I have the Pirelli P6's on mine, also 4-season but more performance related. I've had four different tires on this since purchasing it and the P6's are by far the most comfortable, quietest, good handling (the Falken's handled corners better but didn't last for more than 24k miles!). I'll probably never go with any other tire again, they are that nice, in my opinion. The P4's are very good, and that price looks pretty good too. The P6's are $125 at Canadian tire, with a $60 rebate on all 4, so might be out of your price range. Either way, check out the warranty on the P4's, see if it's any good. I have a 40k mile warranty on my P6's, and the way I drive they might last to 30k, if lucky...

Looking at the tire tread, I'd say the P4's might be better in the rain, the Hankook's might be better in the snow, but the Hankook's look more performance than all-weather.

Last edited by Chromenut; 23 Apr 2012 at 12:25 pm.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 03:05 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Hankook Optimo 4S tires noisy?

I think that the tread on the Optimo's would bite better in snow, but I also think that they'd be very noisy.

I was hoping that someone may have tried them and would reply, but since it's a Canadian Tire exclusive, the chances of that are small.

Old 18 May 2012, 11:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

P4 are all season tires, whereas Optimo 4S are all weathers tires. The difference with all wether tires are that they also rated as winter tires. All seasons are not. I have P4s currently and it is fine for hwy driving in the winter (it is surprising good in snow, but a little loud when dry), but I will soon be moving to Quebec where it is mandatory to use winter rated tires during the season. I'm gonna get the Hankooks and sell my P4s on kijiji when winter comes
Old 18 May 2012, 12:37 pm
Banned

You might want to consider this type of setup

Tags
hankook, pirelli, tires