PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Whistling noise coming from front left tire?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 May 2012, 04:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Whistling noise coming from front left tire?

i just had my lower control arms, left and right outer tie rods, sway bar and stabilizer links replaced on my 01 PT Touring edition with 160k miles on it.

I had a groaning and popping noise in the front end before the repairs. Groaning was definitely my power steering switch which i had replaced... the popping noise went away with the front end repairs. thats the good news.. the bad news is now i get a high pitch whistle like noise coming from what sounds like my left front tire. when i go above 45mph it is more random than constant and if i tap the brakes when it starts it will stop i had the tires rotated and this has never happened before the repairs... so before i go back to the shop tomorrow to find out what is causing the noise, I was wondering if any could give me some pointers as to what it could be.
Old 28 May 2012, 05:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Whistling noise coming from front left tire?

Well, since it goes away when you hit the brakes, it possibly could be the anti-rattle clip or somethig just about touching the rotor and up at speed it touches to make the high pitch whistling noise. They'll have to take that wheel off and give it a good once over.
Old 30 May 2012, 05:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Whistling noise coming from front left tire?

i have the similar issue...mine however dont go away...thinking i have a bad bearing