Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
disc brake problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jun 2012, 12:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default disc brake problem

Hi guys. I replaced front pads and rotors on my 04 cruiser. I looked at the rear shoes and they still have a lot of material on them. The drums are also in good shape. My problem is that after bleeding the brakes my brake pedal feels good and firm but when i start the car the pedal feels soft and mushy. So im thinking i screwed up during the bleeding process. The sequence I used is as follows.rr-lr-rf-lf. my question is this right or wrong? Does it make a difference? Im thinking with new pads and rotors my pedal should be a lot firmer! Thanks in advance.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 12:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: disc brake problem

Bleeding the brakes not required during a brake job. Do they feel different or worse than before? If this is why you did the brakes to begin with, then you could have a vacuum leak at the brake booster. Where the hose goes on. Or booster or master cylinder might be bad.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 25 Jun 2012, 01:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

hi Busted. The brake fluid was brown so i thought I would change it while I was in the garage. The brake pedal is softer with everything new. The brakes had a very nice firm feel before. Is the bleeding sequence right?
Old 25 Jun 2012, 01:08 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerhog View Post
Hi guys. I replaced front pads and rotors on my 04 cruiser. I looked at the rear shoes and they still have a lot of material on them. The drums are also in good shape. My problem is that after bleeding the brakes my brake pedal feels good and firm but when i start the car the pedal feels soft and mushy. So im thinking i screwed up during the bleeding process. The sequence I used is as follows.rr-lr-rf-lf. my question is this right or wrong? Does it make a difference? Im thinking with new pads and rotors my pedal should be a lot firmer! Thanks in advance.

Lr
Rf
Rr
Lf

Jerry
Old 25 Jun 2012, 01:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi Jerry. question Does it really make a difference changing the sequence?
Old 25 Jun 2012, 05:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Hi Jerry. question Does it really make a difference changing the sequence?
It can depending on the configuring from the manufacture. If Jerry gave that answer then It's pretty much dead on accurate. He is very seldom off on the facts anyway.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 25 Jun 2012, 06:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Jerry and Busted_pt. Hey guys I want to give you both a big thank you very muchfor helping me with my brake problem!! You went out of your way and I really appreciate it!!Thanks again guys !! Boilerhog
Old 25 Jun 2012, 06:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Jerry and Busted_pt. Hey guys I want to give you both a big thank you very muchfor helping me with my brake problem!! You went out of your way and I really appreciate it!!Thanks again guys !! Boilerhog

But did it work? Is the pedal hard again after changing the bleeding sequence?