Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A little tire help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Feb 2004, 04:11 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default A little tire help

I just ordered a set of Ronal RT's in 17x7.5.

The last tires I had were Dunlop SP9000's which I liked.
(These were 225/45/ZR17's)
I was looking for something a little more economical and I know some of you have run Hankooks, Falkens and others. Anyone have any good/bad experiences and any recommendations?
They are for spring/summer only, so I am not looking for all seasons.
Thanks ahead of time.
Rob
Old 16 Feb 2004, 04:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

I personally like Nitto 555's.. good tire in relation to price/performance ratio..

Old 16 Feb 2004, 05:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Nankang NS-I $69 at http://www.victoriatire.com

great price...have heard good things....most of these are made by the same factory, only slight difference in tread patterns...

BigPhil

Old 16 Feb 2004, 07:58 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Nitto 555 is a nice tire for price.
The Ronal guy said I should mount a 235 rather than a 225. Does it really matter?
I had 225/45's on my 17x8 Evo's. These fit well and did not rub.
Will I have problems if I go to a 235? (Esp with the Nitto which has a large contact patch).
Any issues with hydroplaning with these?
I think I might go with the Kumho Ecsta KU-19's.
Decent price, good wet and dry handling (rains a lot in RI)and decent tread wear.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 16 Feb 2004, 08:59 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

PTGT Redman, go to the sites below, you will be able to see what the difference between the two tires is, especially the first site. Just enter the tire sizes.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 17 Feb 2004, 02:18 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Think I'm gonna go with the Yokohama AVS ES100's.
Thanks.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 17 Feb 2004, 05:32 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTGT Redman

Think I'm gonna go with the Yokohama AVS ES100's.
Thanks.
Good choice. I think you will be pleased with the ES100's.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 04:11 pm
Young Cruiser

I just had the Yoko AVID V4S installed on my GT about two weeks ago. Great tires (250/50/17), they handle great and virtually "0" road noise. Thye fit perfectly and so much better than the Factory installed GoodYears. Take a look at the following:

Yokohama's AVID H4s/V4s
The Perfect Balance of Performance and Comfort

FULLERTON, CA (November, 2003) - The AVID H4s/V4s takes the spotlight in Yokohama's booth at this year's SEMA Show. This tire is the "perfect balance between customer wants and dealer needs. With the AVID H4s/V4s, Yokohama has built a tire that gives confidence and comfort on all road conditions.

The AVID H4s/V4s takes all the best features of its predecessor the AVID H4/V4 and adds to it a revolutionary tread compound developed by Yokohama engineers. This new compound delivers consumers superior grip on dry, wet and snow covered roads, while extending the tire's useable mileage.

This tire delivers great wet and dry maneuverability, stable braking, an excellent ride and long tread life. The AVID H4s/V4s is for the driving enthusiast who wants the handling of a high-performance tire, in all seasons, without sacrificing quality. The AVID H4s/V4s is available in 14"-18" sizes.

"This tire will heighten consumer expectations of high performance, all season tires," says Art Michalik, Director of Marketing Communications for Yokohama. "They no longer have to sacrifice ride comfort and a quiet ride for outstanding all-season high performance. Our belief is that the AVID H4s/V4s will be our most popular broadline performance tire to date."

The computer simulated tread pattern of the new AVID H4s/V4s provides more even treadwear, and better traction in wet and snowy conditions. Other features of this tire include a continuous center rib for "on center" feel and enhanced high speed stability; large shoulder blocks for excellent cornering grip; and a staggered block design to improve lateral stability and snow traction. The four wide circumferential grooves ensure efficient water evacuation while the multiple cross grooves provide more edges for wet and snow traction.

The tire is available in 40,45,50,55,60 and 65 series aspect ratio and in 14"-18" rim diameter sizes to fit the most popular performance vehicles. The AVID H4s/V4s carries a UTQG rating of 500/AA/A and is available in H - and V- speed ratings.

The AVID H4s/V4s is the tire of choice for the Russell Driving School Techniques of Racing Course at the Jim Russell Racing Drivers School, located in Sonoma, California. Like all Yokohama products, the AVID H4s/V4s follows the path of Yokohama's race-bred technology.

Yokohama Tire Corporation manufactures markets and distributes a complete line of products for high performance, light truck, passenger car, commercial truck and bus, as well as off-the-road mining and construction applications. Yokohama supports the tire care and safety guidelines established by the Rubber Manufacturer's Association (RMA) and the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration (NHTSA). For more information on these guidelines check "Taking care of Your Tires" information at www.yokohamatire.com.

<font color=\"blue\">MODS:</font id=\"blue\">

Stage I, Custom Pin Stripe, Rear Spoiler, BTG Polished Strut Tower Brace, Borla 2.5\" CAT Back Dual Exhaust, and AirAid Intake System, Polished Front & Rear Sill Plates, Chrome Antenna Bezel w/10\" Chrome Billet Antenna, Mobil 1 and K&N Gold Filter, \"Flame\" 3rd Brake Light, \"Streamline Design\" PT Cruiser Visor, Rear Shelf Graphics and Dash Dots on Steering Wheel, and MGW \"GT\" Auto Shift Knob,Chrome Door Lock Pulls, Chrome Billet A/C Knobs with Acrylic Red Inserts, Chrome Oil Cap, Chrome Dip Stick, Chrome Radio Knob, Blane\'s Hood Lift Kit. Chrome Raidiator Coolant Bottle Cover, Timing Belt Housing Cover, Shock Tower Covers w/Nuts, Power Brake CYL Cap Cover, Windshield Washer Cap Cover, A/C Line Connector Cap Covers, A/C Check Valve Cap Covers and Radiator Cap Cover. \"GT2\" Rolo Red Calipers, Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires - Red, Red Wire Looms, Billet Aluminum Steering Wheel Caps (4), Chrome Coin Tray Trim Cover, Chrome Shifter Bezel Tirm Ring, Yoko AVID V4S - 215/50/70\'s, TYC Euro Style Back-up Lights, and Screamin Demon Coil
Old 18 Feb 2004, 08:52 am
Young Cruiser

You might find this link helpful, its about tire safety info.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp...3&nav=0RdEKnOg

Old 18 Feb 2004, 09:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

Man you must be hard on tires or those others were junk?!2003 model, damm.[:I][8)]

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner