Advertisements
Help me, please

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By quicksilverdon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Dec 2012, 10:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Help me, please

Ok so i have a 2001 pt cruiser, pictures will soon come, but i need help buying the right suspension mods. I want to lower it but also make it level, im not to sure on what to get, brands, etc

thanks
Old 12 Dec 2012, 11:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help me, please

You want lowering springs - try SHOX.COM - just put on the rears and it'll rid the "butt in the air" look - about 1.5 in drop should do.
808 likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 12 Dec 2012, 11:43 am
Senior Cruiser

Howdy new guy......

Welcome to the Cruiser life.
First of all, you score big points for posting your question in the right section and for using pretty good sentence structure.
A major tip to help you get tons of good info is to note that when you open this section (suspension section) the freshest threads are at the top and you can scroll down checking thread titles and open the ones that apply to your search. It might take scanning down a few pages before you hit gold but don't give up because your question has been asked and answered many times. For example, I just did it and didn't see anything until page 3.......
lowering springs with stock struts

At the moment, activity has gotten rather quiet regarding springs so you may need to hunt a bit. I guess most owners who want to lower have done so but I'm sure a new wave could start up any time. I don't mean to brush you off because I really feel a bit of research in our easy to use archive is your best bet.
Old 12 Dec 2012, 12:07 pm
Banned

Cool Re: Help me, please

I was the same way. I wanted to lower just the rear, bought eibach lowering springs, had the rear installed, looked at it while it was still on the rack and noticed it raised the front end too, so I had the fronts installed too.

I measured everything front and rear before, so the front was raised up, not sure of the amount. I have a picture of it on the rack during the install with just the rears installed.

Then I wanted it even lower so I bought another set of lowering springs that makes it sit even further lower to the ground.

That has been my experience with lowering, your results may vary

Good luck

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 12 Dec 2012 at 12:10 pm.
Old 12 Dec 2012, 12:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

I agree with Busa considering we both tried that method on our 2nd Gens (2006 - 2010 models) and got different results from the 1st Gens (2001-2005).

When I put the rear Eibach's on, the front was noticeably higher than the rear. I then put the front Eibach's on and it sat almost level.

Tags
2001 cruiser, level, lower