Rock Auto

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By mikelikestobike
  • 1 Post By UptownSport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Dec 2012, 12:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Rock Auto

So... ordered 2 Outer Tie Rod ends from Rock Auto, last week. Came quickly, price was right... Opened 1 box, part looked good, installed it this weekend.

Started on 2nd - part had been opened (plastic bag had been openedwas open), grease boot wasn't attached... Couldn't see way to get the boot in... Put car back together, drove to Auto Zone, bought end, got installed. (I'm cautiously optimistic that my clunking that has been there since the summer is fixed...)

Emailed Rock Auto this morning. Sent photos... The replied in like an hour and just said that since it's a low cost part they don't even want it back, they will refund me and half of my shipping!

I've ordered from them before, prices are always really good, shipping reasonable and quick... but they REALLY reinforced how good they are with this good service!
Old 24 Dec 2012, 02:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Rock Auto

X 2 what you said i order all my parts from them they ship very fast and the web site is easy to find what you need
Old 24 Dec 2012, 02:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Rock Auto

Ordered a few parts from them myself. Glad I let them start advertising on the forum. They also send out a monthly newsletter to whoever orders from them. Guess you might have seen it. Filled out the forum and sent a picture or two to them hoping that maybe my car would be picked for cruiser of the month, but so for nothing. They seem to like older classic cars.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 11:17 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelikestobike View Post
So... ordered 2 Outer Tie Rod ends from Rock Auto, last week. Came quickly, price was right... Opened 1 box, part looked good, installed it this weekend.

Started on 2nd - part had been opened (plastic bag had been openedwas open), grease boot wasn't attached... Couldn't see way to get the boot in... Put car back together, drove to Auto Zone, bought end, got installed. (I'm cautiously optimistic that my clunking that has been there since the summer is fixed...)

Emailed Rock Auto this morning. Sent photos... The replied in like an hour and just said that since it's a low cost part they don't even want it back, they will refund me and half of my shipping!

I've ordered from them before, prices are always really good, shipping reasonable and quick... but they REALLY reinforced how good they are with this good service!
I might have posted my praise a little prematurely.... I'm a little disappointed in the amount they are giving me for the shipping. I just assumed they would split it with me, since I bought 2 parts, but they aren't. They said that the cost 2 ship 1 was (for example) $10, and for 2 $10.50 - so they are giving me the $.50... a bit disappointing.

But I don't have to worry about shipping it back, etc. All-in-all a good experience, but I disagree with their math a bit...
Old 26 Dec 2012, 07:14 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Had a few problems, sent used parts (sounds like that's what happened), some bearing shells were LOOSE in bottom of shipping container

But they made good on it. I guess no one's perfect otherwise there'd be no competition, and I do like that you can decide which quality part you want to buy
mityqwik likes this.