PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Good tires

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2013, 06:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Good tires

Hi Folks , what would you ( the forum ) feel would be the better choice of these 2 tire sets . I will be using 15 " factory rims. We also want a smooth ride , and our car is the base model , with P195.65.15 :

Michelin Pilot Axelto OR Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max

Need to make a choice by next week , May 1st

Thanks , Silverdash

Last edited by silverdash; 26 Apr 2013 at 06:10 pm. Reason: n
Old 26 Apr 2013, 06:25 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Good tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdash View Post
Hi Folks , what would you ( the forum ) feel would be the better choice of these 2 tire sets . I will be using 15 " factory rims. We also want a smooth ride , and our car is the base model , with P195.65.15 :

Michelin Pilot Axelto OR Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max

Need to make a choice by next week , May 1st

Thanks , Silverdash
Michelin if you want ride comfort :-)
Old 29 Apr 2013, 09:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cool Re: Good tires

Thanks ,Pluminator for your reply.. Michelins it is .........
Old 29 Apr 2013, 11:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

I agree. Every Goodyear I've owned turn out to be weak junk. Every Michelin? Exceptional.
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 30 Apr 2013, 01:47 am
Senior Cruiser

Goodyear....makes tires for cars and trucks.

Michelin makes tires for.

Cars
Trucks
SUV's
Boeing *747 to be exact*
Formula 1
Nascar
The Military *buffalos and APV's*

oh yeah and that little plane known as the UNITED STATES SPACE SHUTTLE ENDEVOR :-D

Kinda tells the story itself :-D haha

I will only put Michelin on my car , Goodyear is just trying to be a 1/4 as good as them ;-)
Old 30 Apr 2013, 08:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluminator View Post

Cars
Trucks
SUV's
Boeing *747 to be exact*s
Formula 1
Nascar

oh yeah and that little plane known as the UNITED STATES SPACE SHUTTLE ENDEVOR :-D

I will only put Michelin on my car , Goodyear is just trying to be a 1/4 as good as them ;-)
I agree on the Michelin being the better tire for this person. But I doubt very seriously that they make tires for all the things you mentioned. Especially since you don't have s clue about anything about NASCAR. There is no tires from Michelin on any NASCAR series race car. And Goodyear has made tires for open wheel. So given these blunders I can't take the rest of that list but as bogas also. People because you see it in print don't mean it's fact. The before post is proof of that.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 30 Apr 2013 at 10:46 am.
Old 30 Apr 2013, 10:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Im a big Cooper Fan but hey what ever works for you
Old 30 Apr 2013, 01:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
I agree on the Michelin being the better tire for this person. But I doubt very seriously that they make tires for all the things you mentioned. Especially since you don't have s clue about anything about NASCAR. There is no tires from Michelin on any NASCAR series race car. And Goodyear has made tires for open wheel. So given these blunders I can't take the rest of that list but as bogas also. People because you see it in print don't mean it's fact. The before post is proof of that.
INCORRECT.

National Geographic did a MEGAFACTORIES episode a year or two ago that went inside the Factory.

They do make all of those over at their HQ in europe

Here's the link.

Should watch it. Ill accept the apology after you do. I don't usually make outlandish claims without knowing the facts first. Did you know their tires Take a very long time to make and are not automated? every single one? bet ya didnt.
Oh and i never said NASCAR RACE cars. However they are on many pace cars, and most of the large tow trucks that tow horrible wrecks off the field.

Heres their airline tire side http://www.airmichelin.com/?gclid=CK...FbE7Ogodb3EAoQ

Heres the space shuttle http://www.airmichelin.com/generalcontent.aspx?id=149

OH and a article on their military tires http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techart...ilitary_tires/

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by pluminator; 30 Apr 2013 at 01:39 pm.
Old 30 Apr 2013, 01:32 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluminator View Post

Cars
Trucks
SUV's
Boeing *747 to be exact*
Formula 1
Nascar

If you google on "F1 tyres" you 'll get Bridgestone and Pirelli and that's it. It's really hard to qualify your company to make F1 tyres. So no Michelin.

Goodyear SUV tyres: SUV Tires | Goodyear Tires

Nascar above

So I just want to say Goodyear makes great tyres. Michelin too...
Busted_PT likes this.
Installed Mopar sub !
Old 30 Apr 2013, 01:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teska View Post
If you google on "F1 tyres" you 'll get Bridgestone and Pirelli and that's it. It's really hard to qualify your company to make F1 tyres. So no Michelin.

Goodyear SUV tyres: SUV Tires | Goodyear Tires

Nascar above

So I just want to say Goodyear makes great tyres. Michelin too...
You're right, they no LONGER do F1, however their basis on performance tires was used in the early 70's and 80s also in like 2000's

"Michelin first competed in the 1977 Formula One season, when Renault started development of their turbocharged F1 car. Michelin introduced radial tyre technology to Formula One and won the Formula One Drivers' Championship with Brabham, before withdrawing in 1984.
The company returned to Formula One in 2001, supplying the Williams, Jaguar, Benetton (renamed Renault in 2002), Prost and Minardi teams. Toyota joined F1 in 2002 with Michelin tyres, and McLaren also signed up with the company. Michelin tyres were initially uncompetitive but by the 2005 season were totally dominant. This was partly because the new regulations stated that tyres must last the whole race distance (and qualifying), and partly because only one top team (Ferrari) was running Bridgestones, and so had to do much of the development work. Michelin in contrast had much more testing and race data provided by the larger number of teams running their tyres."- Excerpt wiki

They moved away from it because there really wasnt much money, their main customer basis is the US, and most US citizens dont give a hoot about F1 haha

Last edited by pluminator; 30 Apr 2013 at 01:43 pm.