Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
sway bar performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2004, 07:19 pm
Young Cruiser

Default sway bar performance

I would like to add the sway bars to my 02' crusier, but I don't know if its worth the money. Has anyone added the aftermarket sway bars and found them to help in the cornering?
Old 17 Mar 2004, 07:33 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by milPT

I would like to add the sway bars to my 02' crusier, but I don't know if its worth the money. Has anyone added the aftermarket sway bars and found them to help in the cornering?
I've added the Progress front and rear sway bars and noticed a great improvement in handling. It should be noted that at the same time i added Progress 2" drop springs all the way around and KYB struts and shocks. I don't believe I would have gotten the same results if I had not added the sway bars.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 17 Mar 2004, 07:36 pm
Young Cruiser

I am not sure if I am going to lower it right now. I am in hawaii at the moment and the roads here are REALLY bad. I might lower it when i get back to the main land. I would like to redo the suspension system like you did... its on my list of things for the PT.
02\' Patriot Blue Cruiser, dual cat back exhaust, blue under car lights, airaid cold air intake, throttle body spacer and custom sound system.*Xenon front bumper (crusher), polished aluminum gas door.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 08:15 pm
Young Cruiser

IRPT, did you say in another discussion that you have NOS in your PT? if you do, I was curious if you replaced anything like your pistons or other engine parts to handle the stress?
02\' Patriot Blue Cruiser, dual cat back exhaust, blue under car lights, airaid cold air intake, throttle body spacer and custom sound system.*Xenon front bumper (crusher), polished aluminum gas door.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 09:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by IRPT

Quote:

I've added the Progress front and rear sway bars and noticed a great improvement in handling. It should be noted that at the same time i added Progress 2" drop springs all the way around and KYB struts and shocks. I don't believe I would have gotten the same results if I had not added the sway bars.
I have the progress bars also with stock springs and they do make a big difference but lowering springs will make a bigger difference
Old 18 Mar 2004, 03:40 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:

IRPT, did you say in another discussion that you have NOS in your PT? if you do, I was curious if you replaced anything like your pistons or other engine parts to handle the stress?
milPt, you must have me confussed with someone else, I do not have NOS.

Mercedes Wiki
Old 18 Mar 2004, 09:11 am
Young Cruiser

MilPT,

I'm the gent with the ZEX NOS system. And no, I didn't change the pistons.

Jerry
Old 18 Mar 2004, 12:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:I'm the gent with the ZEX NOS system. And no, I didn't change the pistons
Talk to me !!! Did you have any problems with it so far and how big of a shot are you using ? Was the increase in HP worth it ?

Old 18 Mar 2004, 03:22 pm
Young Cruiser

Sorry about that IRPT, its kinda hard to remember what people say they have when there are so many people here. I have the same questions as pt4u2nv. I am looking to buy the NOS system next week and wanted to find out what other people thought about it.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 08:58 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:

Sorry about that IRPT, its kinda hard to remember what people say they have when there are so many people here.
No problem, I know what you mean.

Mercedes Wiki