PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rumbling sound in the rear!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jun 2013, 02:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question Rumbling sound in the rear!

I've new to this place and tho I've read a few threads about similar issues, I somehow feel mine could be different. Any advice tho would be very appreciated as I'm a diy gal. So thank you in advance.

cruiser: 2001 non-turbo auto.

While driving up to 55mph, all things are smooth and normal, 56mph and above, you hear and FEEL this rumbling as if I'm driving on a rumble strip. Not sure if this is related but the rear end of my car is beginning to bounce a lot when I drive on dips in the road, or if I go over a speedbump, it sounds like something is hitting something in the back. Nothing is lose back there (i.e. spare tire) so I'm not sure.

Local mechanics just scratch their heads before I can even get my whole story out... not sure if they just don't want to work on pt cruisers or what so I'm guessing I'll be tackling this on my own once I get a solid idea.

Please.. any suggestions?
Old 10 Jun 2013, 07:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Rumbling sound in the rear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepto7 View Post
I've new to this place and tho I've read a few threads about similar issues, I somehow feel mine could be different. Any advice tho would be very appreciated as I'm a diy gal. So thank you in advance.

cruiser: 2001 non-turbo auto.

While driving up to 55mph, all things are smooth and normal, 56mph and above, you hear and FEEL this rumbling as if I'm driving on a rumble strip. Not sure if this is related but the rear end of my car is beginning to bounce a lot when I drive on dips in the road, or if I go over a speedbump, it sounds like something is hitting something in the back. Nothing is lose back there (i.e. spare tire) so I'm not sure.

Local mechanics just scratch their heads before I can even get my whole story out... not sure if they just don't want to work on pt cruisers or what so I'm guessing I'll be tackling this on my own once I get a solid idea.

Please.. any suggestions?
Busted shocks. Just went through this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 10 Jun 2013, 09:21 am
Senior Cruiser

Any rumbling in the rear Busted_PT experiences is usually after a sauerkraut sammich.... Can always blame it on the dog though .... Man's best friend indeed
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 10:18 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlefaive View Post
Any rumbling in the rear Busted_PT experiences is usually after a sauerkraut sammich.... Can always blame it on the dog though .... Man's best friend indeed
How about sauerkraut , mustard, onion, and polish sausage on a bun.With a bowl of brown beans. Yummy. Be careful around open flames for a while.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 11 Jun 2013, 12:58 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
How about sauerkraut , mustard, onion, and polish sausage on a bun.With a bowl of brown beans. Yummy. Be careful around open flames for a while.
Cant forget the ghost peppers. Talk about a flameout!
Old 11 Jun 2013, 05:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluminator View Post
Cant forget the ghost peppers. Talk about a flameout!
Never heard of those. What are they? But the sandwich above is a menu item at our only drive-in, called a nightmare.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 11 Jun 2013, 06:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

hahaha.... thanks guys. now that i'm hungry, i may just have to tackle this project once i've eaten a sammich.
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 08:37 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Never heard of those. What are they? But the sandwich above is a menu item at our only drive-in, called a nightmare.
Its a version of the trinidad moruga scorpion pepper , rates 2, 000, 000 on thw scovill heatt index, whereas lets say cayanne pepper rates a 50, 000. To give you an idea haha and habenero peppers rate a 75, 000 .......its hot haha
Old 11 Jun 2013, 01:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Got hold of the habanero before. I pass on the ghosts.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 11 Jun 2013, 02:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Ghost pepers are stright from the Pitts of Hell and im sure even old lucifer dont eant them nasty things

shocks are a good starting point and easy to change the watts link is back trhere a well