PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Another noise :-D Help me stop doubting myself lol

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jun 2013, 07:25 pm
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,354
Default Another noise :-D Help me stop doubting myself lol

So I got my new tire that's all good. However Now when im breaking *completely separate from the front wheels* I get a popping noise from the back, with kind of a light crunch here and there.

My Opinion .......I think my rear brakes are dust, and stuff is crunching around in there :-D *I've had the car a year and have never even removed the rear drums*. So to me this seems that it is 99% likely the issue.

However I am a worry wart......I am also home alone and very bored so I figured I would start another thread and see if you agree with my assumption before I spend the mulah on shoes and hardware :-p

CONFIRM MY BELIEFS PEOPLE! :-P
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jun 2013, 07:35 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,883
Default Re: Another noise :-D Help me stop doubting myself lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluminator View Post
So I got my new tire that's all good. However Now when im breaking *completely separate from the front wheels* I get a popping noise from the back, with kind of a light crunch here and there.

My Opinion .......I think my rear brakes are dust, and stuff is crunching around in there :-D *I've had the car a year and have never even removed the rear drums*. So to me this seems that it is 99% likely the issue.

However I am a worry wart......I am also home alone and very bored so I figured I would start another thread and see if you agree with my assumption before I spend the mulah on shoes and hardware :-p

CONFIRM MY BELIEFS PEOPLE! :-P
Must get your hand dirty and investigate. Could be something to do with other things.
__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jun 2013, 07:42 pm
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,354
Default Re: Another noise :-D Help me stop doubting myself lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Must get your hand dirty and investigate. Could be something to do with other things.
Yeah. Its either the brake pads or worn springs. I think when I get my weekly day off on friday im gonna tear off the drums and look. My receipt file that i got with the car says the last time the rear shoes were serviced was 2011 so im mainly leaning towards that.

Odd thing......I was gonna do them last month and when I went to autozone to pick up shoes and hardware, they told me they had two different sized shoes for the 03 PT cruiser..........like a 7 inch and a like 8.3 inch :/ Any idea what size the stock base model takes? I mean I can always buy both and return the one that doesnt fit but if anyone has any idea....would save me a 7 mile return trip haha.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jun 2013, 08:39 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,883
Default Re: Another noise :-D Help me stop doubting myself lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluminator View Post
Yeah. Its either the brake pads or worn springs. I think when I get my weekly day off on friday im gonna tear off the drums and look. My receipt file that i got with the car says the last time the rear shoes were serviced was 2011 so im mainly leaning towards that.

Odd thing......I was gonna do them last month and when I went to autozone to pick up shoes and hardware, they told me they had two different sized shoes for the 03 PT cruiser..........like a 7 inch and a like 8.3 inch :/ Any idea what size the stock base model takes? I mean I can always buy both and return the one that doesnt fit but if anyone has any idea....would save me a 7 mile return trip haha.
I have no idea. Didn't know they had two sizes. Turbos were all gt and disk far as I know. Now I will have to measure the 04 just satisfy my curiosity.
__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jun 2013, 08:44 pm
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,354
Default Re: Another noise :-D Help me stop doubting myself lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
I have no idea. Didn't know they had two sizes. Turbos were all gt and disk far as I know. Now I will have to measure the 04 just satisfy my curiosity.
I was baffled as well, hence why they didnt get done. I asked for shoes , they looked up the car etc, then said "what size shoes do you need , we have 2"......I didnt wanna drive all the way home, measure them......then drive all the way back to pick them up haha
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 21 Jun 2013, 01:14 pm
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,354
Default Re: Another noise :-D Help me stop doubting myself lol

Ended up swapping the shoes and hardware today. Noise is gone but my ebrake still dont work.......even though they are adjusted and the cable is tight. Then i found out why!

Both wheel cylenders are leaking :-D haha. Anyone know what the best brand I can get is?

The $10 ones at autozone will fit but only have a 3 month warranty, which worries me a bit.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Noise on 2007 when accelerating from stop. Gamer92 General PT Cruiser Discussions 15 06 May 2013 12:52 pm
My Car Makes Hissing noise when driving.. no noise from reverse or netural kasasoze Turbo Performance 3 04 Dec 2011 09:07 pm
Grinding noise while slowing down, whirring noise while speeding up thedarkcanuck Tech & Performance Forum 5 27 Nov 2011 10:15 am
Grinding/rotating noise coming from left side of car when coming to a stop...help? quietcharm23 Wheels, Tires, Suspension 3 10 Apr 2011 08:43 pm
I can't stop, somebody help me!! Mike-in-Orange Exterior & Interior Styling 8 08 Mar 2004 04:38 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 am.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors