Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Humming sound

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Aug 2013, 06:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question Humming sound

I have a 2008 Sunset Blvd edition PT Cruiser. She is just shy of 37K and being driven just around town, errands and to work locally. I just started to hear a humming sound that starts about 20 mph and when I get about 40 mph it just goes away. When I decelerate and she gets below around 40 mph to 20 mph the humming sound goes away.

Can someone have a good 'guesstimate' of what it could be? I am worried about her.

Great appreciate it.
Raymond Morales
Old 09 Aug 2013, 11:36 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Humming sound

wheel bearing Ray. very common. if it gets louder and quieter when you swerve right and left, it's a front wheel bearing.
Old 09 Aug 2013, 12:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelaromYar View Post
I have a 2008 Sunset Blvd edition PT Cruiser. She is just shy of 37K and being driven just around town, errands and to work locally. I just started to hear a humming sound that starts about 20 mph and when I get about 40 mph it just goes away. When I decelerate and she gets below around 40 mph to 20 mph the humming sound goes away.

Can someone have a good 'guesstimate' of what it could be? I am worried about her.

Great appreciate it.
Raymond Morales
does it has Drums or Rotors on the Rear?

Because that usually happens on the rear. The wheel bearing might be bad, and it only has 37k ? that's 2 soon for the bearing...
Old 09 Aug 2013, 05:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

That's easy ... just always levart evoba ytrof
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.

Tags
2008 pt cruiser, humming