PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Looking for a strut bar at a yard, help!

 
Like Tree11Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 29 Sep 2013, 07:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
Default Looking for a strut bar at a yard, help!

Hi guys!
great forum you've all put together here. I want to start my first post by saying thank you for all of the information I've absorbed throughout the year just searching through posts.

I'm looking to get a strut bar for my 2001 touring edition. I'd like to know what models came with a factory bar, so I can call around my local junk yards and know what I'm looking for.
I'm also looking for the higher end seats, and want to know if they will bolt right in, or will need modification.
Thanks everybody!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 29 Sep 2013, 08:53 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,883
Default Re: Looking for a strut bar at a yard, help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Jack View Post
Hi guys!
great forum you've all put together here. I want to start my first post by saying thank you for all of the information I've absorbed throughout the year just searching through posts.

I'm looking to get a strut bar for my 2001 touring edition. I'd like to know what models came with a factory bar, so I can call around my local junk yards and know what I'm looking for.
I'm also looking for the higher end seats, and want to know if they will bolt right in, or will need modification.
Thanks everybody!
Stay with the first gen seats( 01 to0 o5). More comfortable. No factory strut bar only aftermarket. They are for looks. But they do look cool. Oh, welcome.
__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 29 Sep 2013, 09:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
Default Re: Looking for a strut bar at a yard, help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Stay with the first gen seats( 01 to0 o5). More comfortable. No factory strut bar only aftermarket. They are for looks. But they do look cool. Oh, welcome.
Thanks Obsessed. My buddy has an 02 touring with heated seats that have suede on them and they feel a little more comfortable, those are the seats i was referring to but they may be aftermarket..
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 29 Sep 2013, 10:11 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,883
Default Re: Looking for a strut bar at a yard, help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Jack View Post
Thanks Obsessed. My buddy has an 02 touring with heated seats that have suede on them and they feel a little more comfortable, those are the seats i was referring to but they may be aftermarket..
I don't think so. Sounds like limited seats. There is also leather. All these seats hold up well. So should be easey to find.
__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 30 Sep 2013, 01:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
Default Re: Looking for a strut bar at a yard, help!

Thanks busted. You're right, I saw him last night, and noticed that he has a lumbar adjustment on his seat that's pretty cool.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 30 Sep 2013, 06:06 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,883
Default Re: Looking for a strut bar at a yard, help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Jack View Post
Thanks busted. You're right, I saw him last night, and noticed that he has a lumbar adjustment on his seat that's pretty cool.
Not much call for i seats as they hold up very well. Mostly up grading like yourself. So you might score a deal an some at a pick and pull. There is a up and down option as well for the driver seat. Keep us posted on your mods. If I find a cheap strut bar I might put one on cause the flash looks good under the hood.
__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 30 Sep 2013, 09:15 pm
quicksilverdon's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Felton, Delaware
Posts: 20,501
Default Re: Looking for a strut bar at a yard, help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Stay with the first gen seats( 01 to0 o5). More comfortable. No factory strut bar only aftermarket. They are for looks. But they do look cool. Oh, welcome.
For looks? IT'S UNDER THE HOOD!
A strut bar "tightens" the steering - you will notice the effect in a tight turn.
The strut bars used to be available cheap on Ebay, now you can find folks selling their PTs and going back to stock and selling things like strut bars....
__________________
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
Isaac Asimov"

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 30 Sep 2013, 10:00 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,883
Default Re: Looking for a strut bar at a yard, help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
For looks? IT'S UNDER THE HOOD!
A strut bar "tightens" the steering - you will notice the effect in a tight turn.
The strut bars used to be available cheap on Ebay, now you can find folks selling their PTs and going back to stock and selling things like strut bars....
If it is done correctly, Which it's not in the case of the pt cruiser. A little test for you on these strut bars. Take a peace of flat stock and fasten to one end of the strut bar. Mark the end of the strut bar on the other end. Now stand it on end and lean on it. See how far it flexes. If you see that much flex with just your body weight,. What will a 3000 lb pt under load do to that bar? Simply put, they do not do anything but bling.
InfernoGT likes this.
__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 30 Sep 2013, 10:20 pm
quicksilverdon's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Felton, Delaware
Posts: 20,501
Default Re: Looking for a strut bar at a yard, help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
If it is done correctly, Which it's not in the case of the pt cruiser. A little test for you on these strut bars. Take a peace of flat stock and fasten to one end of the strut bar. Mark the end of the strut bar on the other end. Now stand it on end and lean on it. See how far it flexes. If you see that much flex with just your body weight,. What will a 3000 lb pt under load do to that bar? Simply put, they do not do anything but bling.
So, I (and many others) are hallucinating when we take curves we've driven before and the PT feels better after the strut bar?
__________________
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
Isaac Asimov"

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01 Oct 2013, 01:55 am
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,266
Default Re: Looking for a strut bar at a yard, help!

I just ate a mushroom that I bought at the strut bar. The keyboard keeps mooooovvvvvviiinnnn.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
seats, strutbar, struts, suspension


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confession of an auto salvage-yard junkie sanatanadharma General PT Cruiser Discussions 10 17 Jul 2014 01:41 pm
anyone going to a upull yard? crazyptguy General PT Cruiser Discussions 0 12 Apr 2012 11:01 am
Today's salvage yard visit sanatanadharma General PT Cruiser Discussions 1 11 Apr 2012 12:05 am
Discovered an unknown trim at salvage yard sanatanadharma Interior Accessories Forum 22 03 Jan 2012 09:59 am
Making a trip to the Yard, anyone need parts? Chromenut General PT Cruiser Discussions 7 12 Apr 2011 05:57 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 am.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors