Advertisements
Rear Sway Bar Installation Kits

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Dec 2013, 07:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

Question Rear Sway Bar Installation Kits

Hello Cruisers,

I've been working on my suspension lately, lowered the car a bit with ST Springs and replaced the shocks and struts (Tokico's and KYB's). Added poly bushings, bump stops and spring seats. Love the feel!

Not afraid of the exit ramps anymore! Made the ride more stable and not to harsh on the bumps even though lowered.... and it looks cool lol

Then I purchased the Eiback front and rear sway bar kit. delivered from ULTRAREV and there it sits in my garage....

I CAN NOT FIND AN INSTALLATION KIT FOR THE REAR BAR !
Eibach 2860.320HKR.

I have made three separate on-line purchases for this kit only to have the venders inform me AFTER I paid (one to three weeks later) that although listed on their web-sites the part is no longer available (discontinued by Eiback). (insert bad word!)

I have searched up and down to find this kit available somewhere to no avail.

The kit should have the endlinks, brackets nuts and bolts ETC for the rear install.

Can anyone suggest an alternative kit by another company? Kit/Part numbers?
I want to install both front and back at the same time. Back sounds tricky but I have a good tool holder to help lol

Frustrated in Queens NYC
Danny
Old 05 Dec 2013, 07:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Rear Sway Bar Installation Kits

last item on list:
Mopar Performance Anti-Sway Bar Kit - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 05 Dec 2013, 07:33 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Lowered? PICURES PLEASE!!
Old 05 Dec 2013, 08:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thank you so much, I think these kits are becoming rare! I should have thought of JEGs...
Old 05 Dec 2013, 10:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks again for the quick responses. I am still learning my way around this web-site...

Last edited by Danny7627; 05 Dec 2013 at 10:41 pm. Reason: DUPLICATE
Old 05 Dec 2013, 10:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

I decided to go with Suspension Techniques 01-09 PT Cruiser 1.4" front and rear (very mild) Lowering Springs #60006. Streets here in NYC are to harsh for slamming..lol

Great buy on E-bay" STILL AVAILABLE
"ST Sport Springs are manufactured to the highest worldwide quality standards: they are custom wound out of high-tensile steel, rigorously tested and inspected, and powder-coated for durability"

Car feels great. Next the new sway bars

Some pics of the car in my profile[/QUOTE]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23291-albums729-picture4255.jpg (52.6 KB, 63 views)
Old 05 Dec 2013, 10:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny7627 View Post
I decided to go with Suspension Techniques 01-09 PT Cruiser 1.4" front and rear (very mild) Lowering Springs #60006. Streets here in NYC are to harsh for slamming..lol

Great buy on E-bay" STILL AVAILABLE
"ST Sport Springs are manufactured to the highest worldwide quality standards: they are custom wound out of high-tensile steel, rigorously tested and inspected, and powder-coated for durability"

Car feels great. Next the new sway bars

Some pics of the car in my profile
[/QUOTE]

I bought the same lowering springs and only used the rears - I feel the front is low enough as is ....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Old 09 Dec 2013, 11:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Found a cheaper mounting kit:
Mopar OEM Hardware kit hardwarekit

Old 09 Dec 2013, 11:34 pm
Banned

ehhhhhh you like stickers?
Old 10 Dec 2013, 01:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
I bought the same lowering springs and only used the rears - I feel the front is low enough as is ....
You may have noticed that your overall ride was softer? This is actually a good compromise to just even out the looks of the PT and get an improvement in the suspension. This set up has an improved anti-body roll over having a stock sway bar installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Found a cheaper mounting kit:
Mopar OEM Hardware kit hardwarekit
This kit only has the rods from sway bar to body no axle bushings and brackets. It is mainly for a OEM(stock) rear sway bar. It is not a complete installation kit which is what he needs for an aftermarket rear sway bar. Stock(OEM) sway bar bushing are to small in diameter for the new aftermarket sway bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny7627 View Post
Eibach 2860.320HKR.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 10 Dec 2013 at 01:20 am.