PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 convertible control arm questions..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Dec 2013, 08:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2006 convertible control arm questions..

Ok, here's the story. About a year and half ago..(and maybe 7000 miles or so) I had both front bushings replaced under warranty (used car warranty) by the dealer.

Car had a sound like a box of rocks in the front and would creak/squeak going slowly over speed bumps. All was well after the repair until about a month ago when the front end began knocking over bumps. At first it sounded like it was only on the right but now I can hear it on both sides.. (I think)

Car currently has 58,000 miles on it.

My question is, well, what gives?? Should it have failed that soon?? I'm no NASCAR driver, in fact I'm pretty conservative when it comes to my driving style and drive on only paved roads..

This kind of sucks! The dealer charged the warranty company $450.00 for the repair and this time it will come out of MY pocket!

Kerry
Old 17 Dec 2013, 08:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 convertible control arm questions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deac1234 View Post
Ok, here's the story. About a year and half ago..(and maybe 7000 miles or so) I had both front bushings replaced under warranty (used car warranty) by the dealer.

Car had a sound like a box of rocks in the front and would creak/squeak going slowly over speed bumps. All was well after the repair until about a month ago when the front end began knocking over bumps. At first it sounded like it was only on the right but now I can hear it on both sides.. (I think)

Car currently has 58,000 miles on it.

My question is, well, what gives?? Should it have failed that soon?? I'm no NASCAR driver, in fact I'm pretty conservative when it comes to my driving style and drive on only paved roads..

This kind of sucks! The dealer charged the warranty company $450.00 for the repair and this time it will come out of MY pocket!

Kerry
Could be only sway bar bushings. At any rate you can shop around for the better price shop. Not dangerous so gives you time to plan and shop.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 18 Dec 2013, 01:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: 2006 convertible control arm questions..

Front end and bushing wear and tear is more a function of the quality of road surface you drive on; than driving style.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!