Advertisements
Jetta Snows on a Vert...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ptcru1s3r

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jan 2014, 08:16 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Jetta Snows on a Vert...

Had these on for a bit, got the wheels from a 2003? VW Jetta, 195/65/15 Blizzak tires only had a half season on them. Got the trim rings from Benny's Hupcap shop (local). They are 15" Chevy Truck rally rings... they work real well but they could snap in a bit tighter. We haven't lost one yet and that's saying alot considering we live in pothole central (PA). Vanilla matched paint from http://www.automotivetouchup.com/, adapter washers (european to 60 degree) from Amazon...

Really wanted to fake some whitewalls on these too but figured I'd wait a bit. I did hit the centers up with a dash of chrome paint until I figure out what I want to do about some real dust covers.

Moon caps will not fit on Jetta wheels, they hit hard before fully engaging. They snap just fine onto the stock PT rims though.

The car rides smoother with the 15s, I knew it would help a bit but it really just took many of the little bumps off the radar. Very happy with the ride now! Now to get a full urethane kit up front... those stock LCAs gotta go!
05 PT GT Vert, Airbox mod, K&N filter, NeedsWings intake pipe, Mopar BOV, MSD wires, Autotecnica Chrome Spears, APC Taillights, Mopar Stage One, UltraGauge, Energy front suspension kit, Moog spherical bushings

Last edited by VanillaVert; 13 Jan 2014 at 08:37 am.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 10:26 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Jetta Snows on a Vert...

Looks great.

How you considered added some center caps?

Check these Jetta star caps out. If they are the right size, they would look super cool on steels with some PT or Chrysler emblems on the front.

4 Pcs VW Wheel Center Cap Hub Cap Cover 08 2011 Jetta Golf Mk6 Passat B6 Passat CC Eos GTI Tiguan Touran Routan Free Shipping-in Rims & Accessories from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com
Old 13 Jan 2014, 10:36 am
Cool Cruiser

Kinda planning to do a DIY using a stock set of PT hubcaps I have laying around. Looking to use them to make a good snap connection for a set of baby moons... all in theory as of yet but if I do get a bit more free time this winter, it will be done.
05 PT GT Vert, Airbox mod, K&N filter, NeedsWings intake pipe, Mopar BOV, MSD wires, Autotecnica Chrome Spears, APC Taillights, Mopar Stage One, UltraGauge, Energy front suspension kit, Moog spherical bushings
Old 14 Jan 2014, 08:24 am
Young Cruiser

Baby Moons and whitewalls on those wheels works very well and is easy to do!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1725.jpg (96.4 KB, 15 views)
wwpptc likes this.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 06:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcru1s3r View Post
Baby Moons and whitewalls on those wheels works very well and is easy to do!
Saw your post on that a while ago... I'm not sure where you got the caps and mounting hardware though. Do you have any links to the hardware you got there?
Old 15 Jan 2014, 05:35 am
Young Cruiser

I got the parts from UK suppliers who probably won't ship internationally, so I have found them from US suppliers for you. Let me know if you have any questions.

These are the clips:

VW Hubcap Clips and Rivets 5 Piece Set | eBay

These are the Baby Moons, obviously you need 4:

Smooth Dome Hubcap [Bus] - GoWesty Camper Products - parts supplier for VW Vanagon, Eurovan, and Bus

Here are the instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hubcaps.jpg (92.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 15 Jan 2014, 04:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

Huge thanks... hope to purchase soon!