Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Groans/Creaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Feb 2014, 09:06 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Groans/Creaks

Newbie here with 03 limited edition. 106k miles. When i turn it groans loudly...almost sounds like rubbing noise. Also when i go over small dips or just uneven rd i hear loud creaking noise! I have had bushing replaced per mechanic he says its the cv joints. Im looking for second opinion as he qouted me 100 for each cv joint and 100 labor. I just want to be sure its the actual problem. The bushing didnt help with the sounds. I also just took a bit of a rd trip..a few hrs...now i hear a whining noise when i drive as well, any suggestions on that will be appreciated!
Old 08 Feb 2014, 09:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Groans/Creaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybellavita View Post
Newbie here with 03 limited edition. 106k miles. When i turn it groans loudly...almost sounds like rubbing noise. Also when i go over small dips or just uneven rd i hear loud creaking noise! I have had bushing replaced per mechanic he says its the cv joints. Im looking for second opinion as he qouted me 100 for each cv joint and 100 labor. I just want to be sure its the actual problem. The bushing didnt help with the sounds. I also just took a bit of a rd trip..a few hrs...now i hear a whining noise when i drive as well, any suggestions on that will be appreciated!
Just me but, if he couldn't distinguish between the bushing and the axle. I would get someone else to look at it.For that mater you could do that kind of diagnoses yourself. One part at a time!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 08 Feb 2014, 10:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Groans/Creaks

Thanks for your reply! I dont know anything about cars (im a simple girl with a cruiser naned Pattie) i just wanted to poke ur brain a bit. So you think it is the cv joint by the description i gave?