PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
'04 2.4 turbo OEM wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Mar 2014, 12:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question '04 2.4 turbo OEM wheels

Hello,
I'm new here. My daughter purchased an '04 pt cruiser 2.4 turbo....used, of course.
We bought new tires and I'm not sure if what was put on there is the correct tire. The specs on the door say to use a 205/50 R17 tire. The rims are chrome alloy, 5 spoke, 5 bolt (I assume 100mm thread) and appear to be the original equipment.
The problem...and the tire guy says it not a problem, is that there appears to be about about a 1/4 in gap between the tire bead and the outside rim.
This does not look right to me!

Does anyone think that these are not the OEM wheels? Is a 1/4 inch gap acceptable? Could this be a chrome alloy, 5 spoke, 5 bolt rim that is wider that looks similar? Where can I look to find out what size the rims are?
I've always just put the factory recommended wheels on and am out of my league with anything fancier. Help! Thanks!
Old 20 Mar 2014, 12:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: '04 2.4 turbo OEM wheels

Some photos would be very helpful. Please take and post some photos of the rims, tires and a closeup of the gap.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 01:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Will do. (as soon as daughter gets out Iphone and emails them to me...)
Old 20 Mar 2014, 02:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hopefully, these will load.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ptrim.JPG (24.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg ptwheell.JPG (36.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 20 Mar 2014, 03:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorah View Post
Hello,
I'm new here. My daughter purchased an '04 pt cruiser 2.4 turbo....used, of course.
We bought new tires and I'm not sure if what was put on there is the correct tire. The specs on the door say to use a 205/50 R17 tire. The rims are chrome alloy, 5 spoke, 5 bolt (I assume 100mm thread) and appear to be the original equipment.
The problem...and the tire guy says it not a problem, is that there appears to be about about a 1/4 in gap between the tire bead and the outside rim.
This does not look right to me!ui

Does anyone think that these are not the OEM wheels? Is a 1/4 inch gap acceptable? Could this be a chrome alloy, 5 spoke, 5 bolt rim that is wider that looks similar? Where can I look to find out what size the rims are?
I've always just put the factory recommended wheels on and am out of my league with anything fancier. Help! Thanks!
Right rims right tire size. Pic of what you are referring to.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 20 Mar 2014, 03:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Agree with Busted, even has the same marking on the wheel and I'm running the 205x50xR17

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 05:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

I DONT THINK THE TIRES BEADED CORRECTLY!
I had one tire that did that once. It just didnt look right. I had it re seated again.
Eibach Pro Springs, Energy Suspension HyperFlex Master Kit bushings, 17" RTX Euro wheels, K&N drop in air filter, MotoMaster flat plate AGM battery, KYB GR2 shocks and struts, Booger standard shifter bushings, Ooogah horn.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 08:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chigger_ns View Post
I DONT THINK THE TIRES BEADED CORRECTLY!
I had one tire that did that once. It just didnt look right. I had it re seated again.
Maybe he can post up a tight shot of the problem.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 20 Mar 2014, 08:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

As long as the "tire guy" knows you'll be back, and not happy, if there's a problem, I'd think you're okay...
Check the tire pressure - 90% of the time they fill to 30 PSI...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 20 Mar 2014, 09:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Looks the same as mine? And IV already put over 1500 miles on mine and just got it like 3 weeks ago? Lol. Your good man. At least from the pics I can tell they look normal
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.