PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Goldline or Eibach?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Apr 2004, 12:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Goldline or Eibach?

Goldline or Eibach?

Hey everyone that has had, or has either of these two sets of springs, which do you think is better, and what is the difference between the stock ride, and the ride on each of these? I have heard that the ride doesnt change much, but on my last car that I lowered ('93 Duster - 1 inch drop from Eibach) was real stiff. Which I dont mind at all, becuase thats what I wanted out of the springs.

I guess for those who have used both, which one did you like better? I have a 2001 Limited, and its my daily driver, and I live in MI (i.e. - terrible roads...) I want the car lower, and the body roll reduced. Would the 3.25 in drop be to much? I am thinking it probably is. Would I need new struts or shocks to go with the springs?

Thanks everyone,

Matt
Old 12 Apr 2004, 01:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

i bought goldline, installed 1 week ago exactly. i've driven about 1,500 km on them so far, and i'm very happy. the ride didn't change that much, just have to be even more attentive to craters. my drop was the 2.75f/3.25r and the closest thing to the ground is that plastic bumper guard on the front, i've scraped a few times on that. i had to replace the rear shocks, $100 canadian.

Old 12 Apr 2004, 04:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

That might be a little much for an everyday driver you might find yourself fixing more then you would like. The body roll should be less then stock for sure.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 05:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the input so far guys. Any and all input on this would help me out a lot. I have searched the forums, and I didnt see much that has really compaired the Eibachs to Goldlines. I am a big fan of Eibachs like I said before since I had them on my first car. But I see a lot of you use Goldline springs, so that would tell me that most of you think Goldline are better?

Like I said, this is a daily driver, however, I am careful going into driveways, and I try my best to avoid all potholes the best I can, however I am sure you know that missing them all is not possible. So, really, 3.25 wouldnt be TOO low for me, but I am not sure I NEED the car that low, I am looking for mostly performance, and also looks, to get rid of all the wheel well that shows on these cars.

If any of you have other sugestions on brands, that would be apreciated as well. However, I wont get into and air ride suspension and stuff like that, that is a little to much for me, as this is just my daily driver. I do like to have my cars be lookers too, even though they are daily drivers, but airbags are a little to much for me.

Thanks again,

Matt

[^]

Past Mopars:
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible GT
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible
2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition
1993 Plymouth Sundance/Duster 3.0 litre
Old 12 Apr 2004, 05:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to yobiebs

I installed the Eibach's a few months ago now, and I LOVE them! Even though the drop isn't as much as the goldline's, it's still noticeable, but also not to the point that I'm scraping my front end on every little bump and curb.

Only issue I've had is with some who sit in the back that say that it's a little more bouncy back there than it was before. But I sit in the front, so that's fine with me!! [}]

The Philadelphia Flyer
Old 12 Apr 2004, 08:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

yobiebs

its alllllll about the driver
Old 12 Apr 2004, 11:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

I have goldlines in the rear and BTGs in the front

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 13 Apr 2004, 01:22 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Sakigt, how do you manage that? The BTG only come in a pair? I bought the rear set of gold lines should be here any day. leaving the front alone (for now?)
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 13 Apr 2004, 08:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I did rears only - bought them off a forum, think they are redline? - friend has Eibach. You won't go wrong with Eibach. I'd caution against going too low - the scraping and harshness won't outweigh the handling improvement.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 13 Apr 2004, 10:32 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

I did rears only - bought them off a forum, think they are redline? - friend has Eibach. You won't go wrong with Eibach. I'd caution against going too low - the scraping and harshness won't outweigh the handling improvement.
Well, what would be concidered "too low", the ride doesnt really bother me, as my Duster was REALLY stiff after the Eibachs, that car handled like a dream after that, only thing that would have been better for that car is if it had the 5 speed hooked up to its 3.0V6.

But anyways, I was thinking Eibachs also, since I have used them before and Liked the results. I am just trying to see, if I will be happy with the amount of drop. My guess 18inch wheels will still fit fine, after lowering with Eibachs? Wheels will be soon down the road.

Thanks
Matt

Past Mopars:
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible GT
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible
2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition
1993 Plymouth Sundance/Duster 3.0 litre