Advertisements
Need advice on tires, just bought cruiser

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By quicksilverdon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2014, 09:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Need advice on tires, just bought cruiser

I'm getting an 02 cruiser, and it needs tires to pass inspection. I"m coming out of an 01 CRV, which I purchased tires for last summer and they still have 50,000 miles left on them. THey are 205 70 15. Can I use these on the Cruiser? I'm not concerned about style, I know nothing about all these complicated issues discussed in the tire threads. So if someone could give it to me easy, that'd be great. It'd be even better if I didn't have to switch the tires onto the wheels, but could just take them from one car to the other. If you know about either of these issues, please let me know. In the meantime, I'll try and find the answer in these threads, but I kinda have some cognitive issues going on, so I'd be ever so grateful if I get my answer here. THanks so much. Happy Cruisin!
Old 22 Aug 2014, 10:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Need advice on tires, just bought cruiser

Well, the PT takes P195/65SR15 tires..., so you're no far off at all, but the rims from a HONDA won't bolt up, I don't think.
Your speedometer would read a tiny bit low...
195/65-R15 vs 205/70-R15 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator
rockandroller likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 Aug 2014, 11:10 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Well, the PT takes P195/65SR15 tires..., so you're no far off at all, but the rims from a HONDA won't bolt up, I don't think.
Your speedometer would read a tiny bit low...
195/65-R15 vs 205/70-R15 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator
Cruiser bolt pattern is 5 X 100
Honda bolt pattern is 5 X 114

Wheels are not interchangeable.

As SoonerCruiser says, the tires should work OK with the caveat that your speedometer would read a tiny bit low.

Honda _ Vehicle Bolt Pattern Reference

Chrysler _ Vehicle Bolt Pattern Reference

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 23 Aug 2014, 01:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks guys so much. THat is just the info I was looking for. Another question, then. The seller told me today the back tires on the car are ok prob to pass inspection. They are 195 65 15. She said the front are different but wasn't sure exactly what they are, def smaller, she says. I swear, she's a bear to deal with, but I'm trying to be patient to get this sale. Anyway, could I move those to the front and just take 2 of my 205 70 15 for the rear? This would be good for 2 reasons, first, I'd only have to take 2 tires to the shop to switch rims, and I'd be leaving at least 2 good tires on the vehicle to enhance its resale value. Or would it be better to take all 4 205s? I'm so broke and this is hurting my brain! lol Thanks again.
Old 23 Aug 2014, 02:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

When they inspect the tires do they also check only the front 2 tire sizes effecting the speedometer reading or all 4 tire sizes?
Old 23 Aug 2014, 02:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

are you saying that the tires, even if good, can fail inspection if they impact speedometer? I had not even thought of this. So what to do people do, switch them out just before and after? I guess thats doable if you're a fit guy with a garage and spare rims, etc. I guess I better just forget it and plan on buying the recommended tire size. I'm exhausted from rubbing all these nickels together, sigh.
Old 23 Aug 2014, 07:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Here's what I got and what I paid. They look great, ride good and I am pretty happy. Of course, you will need the 15-inch version.