Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Vw jetta shocks??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Sep 2014, 02:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Vw jetta shocks??

So I need help on what to do I am I female not knowing much about cars just enough to know I needed my shocks done I have a 2004 Volkswagen Jetta so I just recently had a child so I went to a friend of a friends mechanic he told me he was going to replace the shocks the rotors in the front axle inside he did all the work and one day charged me $1100 and my car sounds worse than it did before now instead of making one noise now my car makes three different noises sound like the shock still are messed up in a thumping noise and a weird noise I've never heard now me being broke I have no idea what to do I texted him and told him my car still sounds bad and worse than it did he's not answering my texts so I decided to come on the site and ask for peoples opinion on what to do next
Old 30 Sep 2014, 03:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Vw jetta shocks??

You didn't get an estimate before he did the work????
What convinced you you needed front shocks?
Do a search and find what Jetta rotors cost, and I assume he did brake pads also.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 30 Sep 2014, 03:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Heather, do you know this is a Chrysler, PT Cruiser forum?

But, after saying that, it sounds like you were taken advantage of because of your gender. Isn't there anyone around that you can go to for help? That's a lot of cash for front shocks (probably struts) and new rotors (probably new pads also) and because you haven't mentioned what kind of noise you were getting and have no idea where the noise was probably coming from, he went ahead and sold/installed you overpriced parts, again, because of your gender and didn't know better.

It's not possible for us to say if you needed those parts or not but since the noise didn't go away and now your hearing other/more noises, about the only thing you can do is go back and ask why were those parts replaced if they were done so because of the noise you heard...which you still have?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 03:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherh1187 View Post
So I need help on what to do I am I female not knowing much about cars................ I have a 2004 Volkswagen Jetta

New member and their first post?
Did I miss something?

2004 Volkswagen Jetta

sooooo ip check maybe?

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 30 Sep 2014 at 03:44 pm.