• 1 Post By Busted_PT
  • 1 Post By quicksilverdon
  • 2 Post By 72andsunny
  • 1 Post By quicksilverdon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Dec 2014, 04:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default How badly have I messed up?

Hi all, my 2004 GT (manual) just failed its annual inspection for "both front control arm bushes (rear) need replacing". After reading through this forum, I bought Moog parts CK620009 and CK620010 from rockauto. The box got here today (just over $100 shipping to New Zealand), but the parts seem to be missing a couple of the bushings. Can someone tell me what else I need to make my mechanic happy?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141208_102106237_HDR.jpg (92.2 KB, 55 views)
Old 07 Dec 2014, 04:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: How badly have I messed up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72andsunny View Post
Hi all, my 2004 GT (manual) just failed its annual inspection for "both front control arm bushes (rear) need replacing". After reading through this forum, I bought Moog parts CK620009 and CK620010 from rockauto. The box got here today (just over $100 shipping to New Zealand), but the parts seem to be missing a couple of the bushings. Can someone tell me what else I need to make my mechanic happy?
That's all that go with the control arms. They must be wanting the sway bar links that fasten the sway bar to the control arms.
rcktpwrd likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 11 Dec 2014, 04:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks, the mechanic turned out to be happy after all. Had the timing belt, etc. replaced also (with rockauto parts). Quote was for 7.5 hours total; ended up taking 12 and a half. Feels like I paid for their study time. They didn't do the alignment, and said it would be fine. Feels okay, I guess.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 04:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks, the mechanic turned out to be happy after all. Had the timing belt, etc. replaced also (with rockauto parts). Quote was for 7.5 hours total; ended up taking 12 and a half. Feels like I paid for their study time. They didn't do the alignment, and said it would be fine. Feels okay, I guess.
Glad everything worked out. Thanks for the finish info. Give a shout if you need anything.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 11 Dec 2014, 05:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
They didn't do the alignment, and said it would be fine. Feels okay, I guess.
Probably to give you a break on the bill...
rckstein likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 Dec 2014, 11:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I was thinking it was so I would need new tires in a few months!
Old 12 Dec 2014, 08:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Should be OK if no one aligned the front to the worn out bushings. If it drove good before and especially after you should be fine.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 12 Dec 2014, 09:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
You should keep an eye on the wear pattern - just whacking a curb can throw off alignment!
rckstein likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles