PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Wheels or covers?

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Dec 2014, 11:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Wheels or covers?

Hey Cruisers. Just want to get some opinions. Trying to decide if I should take the time and hunt down some of the factory 5 spoke wheels, I believe they are called Pyramids, or if I should go with some baby moon covers on the wheels I have now. Let me know. Thanks.

2005 Purple Pt Touring 130k Still Running Strong

New timing belt and water pump at 130k.
Old 21 Dec 2014, 11:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Wheels or covers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeApe View Post
Hey Cruisers. Just want to get some opinions. Trying to decide if I should take the time and hunt down some of the factory 5 spoke wheels, I believe they are called Pyramids, or if I should go with some baby moon covers on the wheels I have now. Let me know. Thanks.
Empire Is on of the wheels.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 22 Dec 2014, 01:34 am
Fanatic Cruiser

These wheels are great but not without there flaws as with all the Chrysler chrome wheels that were made. They all seem to be a gamble at one point or another like anything else some good others not so good.

Bubba

mityqwik likes this.
Old 22 Dec 2014, 02:29 am
Cool Cruiser

The issue I run into is not sure where to look for those wheels. I was thinking my local pick n pull may have some but at what price and condition. I can get a set of the moons for about $75 shipped. Just not sure what would look better. I like the way they look there on your ride bubba. I have always been partial to nice 5 spokes. Even when I was into the imports.

Old 22 Dec 2014, 12:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Wheels or covers?

baby moons always look nice on cruiser's and an inexspencive way, if you decide later you dont like them you can remove them and get your self some nice rims . just my 2 cents
Old 22 Dec 2014, 12:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Look for another cruiser to buy them from or on Craig's possibly because most of the salvage yards and such (eBay) will rob yo a--.

Bubba
Old 23 Dec 2014, 03:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The 5-spoke painted wheels seem to hold up much better than the chrome ones.
mityqwik likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 24 Dec 2014, 11:33 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeApe View Post
The issue I run into is not sure where to look for those wheels. I was thinking my local pick n pull may have some but at what price and condition. I can get a set of the moons for about $75 shipped. Just not sure what would look better. I like the way they look there on your ride bubba. I have always been partial to nice 5 spokes. Even when I was into the imports.
If you are thinking about baby moon hubcaps, good luck on finding them for stock wheels.

If you are thinking about wheel covers, you can find full moon wheel covers that will work.

I have baby moons on Wheel Vintique smoothies - getting a few dings on the hub caps and had to buff and clean rust off the wheels this spring. Applied a coating of Gibbs - so far, no more rust to speak of.

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 12:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Another drawback of the moons is the risk of hitting a nasty pothole and losing one - stock hucaps have screw caps, can't do that with moons.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 24 Dec 2014, 09:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Another drawback of the moons is the risk of hitting a nasty pothole and losing one - stock hucaps have screw caps, can't do that with moons.
I know not all potholes can be missed but I do my best to stay away from them. I look ahead when driving. Hit one so hard in a different car that it messed with my alignment. Had to get a new tire too. Popped that bad boy.