PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
TIRE PRESSERS

 
Like Tree6Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jan 2015, 05:10 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,891
Default TIRE PRESSERS

So like the title says. What would you do in each case if you saw these two examples. Both are 205/55/16



__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 19 Jan 2015 at 05:13 pm. Reason: tire size
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jan 2015, 05:12 pm
LionPT's Avatar
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,366
Default Re: TIRE PRESSERS

Trick question...I've read the tire vs body label threads...lol
__________________

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jan 2015, 05:24 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,891
Default Re: TIRE PRESSERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionPT View Post
Trick question...I've read the tire vs body label threads...lol
Not really. It was alleged that the one tire was not suitable for use on our car because it couldn't handle the load. In those threads. Here is a more compleat picture on that subject. Excuse the pun.
__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jan 2015, 05:57 pm
quicksilverdon's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Felton, Delaware
Posts: 20,501
Default Re: TIRE PRESSERS

From Discount Tire:
"Where To Find Air Pressure Information
The correct air pressure may be found in the vehicle owner's manual or on the tire placard (attached to the vehicle door edge, doorpost, glove box door or fuel door). The placard tells you the maximum vehicle load, the cold tire pressures and the tire size recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. If you have trouble, visit your local Discount Tire location for assistance.

Another valuable resource is tire load/inflation tables. Your local Discount Tire should have a copy. Not only will this document tell you the correct tire pressure for stock sizes, but it will provide the information on optional plus sizes as well. A good example would be the findings on a Honda Civic with the stock size 185/65R-14. The recommended air pressure is 28 psi. Plus one size is 195/55R-15 with a recommended air pressure of 32 psi. Plus two size is 205/45R-16 with a recommended air pressure of 36 psi. Note how the air pressure increases with plus sizing to meet the load carrying capacity for the car."
__________________
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
Isaac Asimov"

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jan 2015, 06:05 pm
cruserdad1976's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: st james mo
Posts: 8,217
Default Re: TIRE PRESSERS

put 45 psi in them and drive on---ok so that is what my dad alwasy said
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jan 2015, 06:11 pm
quicksilverdon's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Felton, Delaware
Posts: 20,501
Default Re: TIRE PRESSERS

Also from Discount Tire about sidewall markings:

"Maximum Air Pressure - "300 kPa [44 psi]"
This indicates the maximum operating inflation pressure of the tire. It does not indicate the manufacturer's recommended inflation pressure, nor does it indicate the proper air pressure based on the vehicle the tire is mounted on."
__________________
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
Isaac Asimov"

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jan 2015, 06:16 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,891
Default Re: TIRE PRESSERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
From Discount Tire:
"Where To Find Air Pressure Information
The correct air pressure may be found in the vehicle owner's manual or on the tire placard (attached to the vehicle door edge, doorpost, glove box door or fuel door). The placard tells you the maximum vehicle load, the cold tire pressures and the tire size recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. If you have trouble, visit your local Discount Tire location for assistance.

Another valuable resource is tire load/inflation tables. Your local Discount Tire should have a copy. Not only will this document tell you the correct tire pressure for stock sizes, but it will provide the information on optional plus sizes as well. A good example would be the findings on a Honda Civic with the stock size 185/65R-14. The recommended air pressure is 28 psi. Plus one size is 195/55R-15 with a recommended air pressure of 32 psi. Plus two size is 205/45R-16 with a recommended air pressure of 36 psi. Note how the air pressure increases with plus sizing to meet the load carrying capacity for the car."
We are not talking hondas or anything but PT's here Note this is not placed in the non PT section. Here is the door info you just recommended. So you're saying put a cold pressure of 34psi in a max psi rated tire of 35psi?

__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jan 2015, 06:18 pm
quicksilverdon's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Felton, Delaware
Posts: 20,501
Default Re: TIRE PRESSERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
We are not talking hondas or anything but PT's here Note this is not placed in the non PT section. Here is the door info you just recommended. So you're saying put a cold pressure of 34psi in a max psi rated tire of 35psi?

Try to keep up - the Honda was AN EXAMPLE.
YES 34 PSI - like the sticker says.
__________________
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
Isaac Asimov"

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jan 2015, 06:18 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,891
Default Re: TIRE PRESSERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Also from Discount Tire about sidewall markings:

"Maximum Air Pressure - "300 kPa [44 psi]"
This indicates the maximum operating inflation pressure of the tire. It does not indicate the manufacturer's recommended inflation pressure, nor does it indicate the proper air pressure based on the vehicle the tire is mounted on."
So again your saying in the case of the Max psi 35 tire you disregard that info for the door sticker?
__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jan 2015, 06:19 pm
LionPT's Avatar
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,366
Default Re: TIRE PRESSERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Not really. It was alleged that the one tire was not suitable for use on our car because it couldn't handle the load. In those threads. Here is a more compleat picture on that subject. Excuse the pun.

Well, I'd think you could use either one then, but the 44psi tire would be a harder ride...if inflated to 44.
__________________

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire pressure. Door or tire? Cliff5550 General PT Cruiser Discussions 25 27 Apr 2013 04:29 pm
Need Tire Help bryan888 Wheels, Tires, Suspension 7 09 Mar 2009 03:06 am
tire fit...once more lol superpug666 Wheels, Tires, Suspension 0 07 Nov 2008 01:40 pm
What tire came on your GT? turbomangt Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling 15 22 Jan 2005 04:22 am
A little tire help PTGT Redman Wheels, Tires, Suspension 11 19 Feb 2004 01:41 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 am.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors