Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Wheel Bearing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Apr 2015, 12:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Wheel Bearing?

I am in need of some thoughts on this one... can't figure it out, my mechanic can't figure it out...

I posted some issues regarding my ABS/Traction issues a couple of weeks ago but still can't seem to get a resolve.

I sometimes feel vibration on the brake pedal and sometimes can hear a rubbing sound when driving slowly, particular when slowly curving (as in a park). Sometimes when making sharp turns or hard turns (merging from one highway to the next), I here a pop/crack/something sound. Its definitely coming from the front of the car, I think more on the driver's side. The car has new control arms, bushings, shocks, tie rods.... everything seems tight on the front end but I still hear the noise and have ABS issues. The ABS and Trac lights go on and off but report no codes. The sensors are all reporting the same wheel speed when tested.

One other odd piece of information: When the weather is cool, the issues are SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. Most times in that weather, the rubbing sound doesn't happen and the brakes never make the vibration/sound even though the lights may still come on.

Suggestions? Thoughts?
Need some thoughts on this one, the mechanic has not found anything that explains these issues yet.
Old 09 Apr 2015, 08:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Wheel Bearing?

I have a similiar issue. I am thinking it is my cv joints

Tags
abs.brakes.traction, wheel bearing